Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While looking in Target today (Hendersonville TN) I saw that there was a pile of 6 copies of 7 Wonders on a clearance end cap that had a 30% off sign.

I hadn't seen this particular one in the forum yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Target] 7 Wonders 30% off clearance
Psauberer wrote:
While looking in Target today (Hendersonville TN) I saw that there was a pile of 6 copies of 7 Wonders on a clearance end cap that had a 30% off sign.

I hadn't seen this particular one in the forum yet.

Target clearance varies more than any other retailer I've seen. As such, you should take these steps, rather than driving all over town.

1) Go to target.com and find the DPCI in the "details" section of the item listing. For 7 Wonders it's 087-10-0229

2) Enter this, along with your zip code at http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

It's only as accurate as each store's inventory system, but sure beats driving around chasing a deal.

My result: $49.99 at every store within 50 miles of me. $30.99 on Target.com w/ B2G1 Freeshake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like my local store is the only one within 45 miles of me that has 7 Wonders on that clearance. Other nearby stores have at least as much stock but at regular price. Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wood
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several stores in my area that had them marked down to $14.98! surprise

But none in stock at any of those locations... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
Looks like my local store is the only one within 45 miles of me that has 7 Wonders on that clearance. Other nearby stores have at least as much stock but at regular price. Weird.

You should put "YMMV" or "Isolated" in your Topic (or both)

But yea, as stated, Target clearance - while there can be some momentum behind them in as much as you might get something on sale at most stores in a given 'season' - is not nationalized. So there is not a set day nationwide when price will drop or a set group of items.

Something might drop to 70% off at one store, while still 30% off - or not even on clearance, at another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance Rushing
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, 7 wonders and Ticket to Ride were both marked clearance $24.95 at the Pasadena,TX Target, tried to use them in the B2G1 sale and was denied so I walked out with all my money. They had some non clearance copies also that could be used in the sale yuk at $50 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Full MSRP in Minneapolis area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.