2 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boss Scenario Book versus Stat Card Discrepancies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Shuman
msg tools
badge
We found a couple instances of disagreement between the scenario book and the stat card for the bosses. Scenarios 9 and 11 so far.

Scenario 9's was easy enough. The scenario book had the abilities 1 and 2 flipped from the one on the stat card (we figured it was fine as long as we were consistent). We went with the scenario book.

However, scenario 11 is very confusing.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The stat card says special 1 is heal 2 affecting self and all allies. Special 2 is listed as +1 attack for all allies and +1 attack (for self presumably). However, the scenario book says special 1 is Captain of the Guard adds +2 attack to all his allies for this round. Should I assume Special 1 is both +2 attack and heal 2 for everybody. That seems pretty strong. Should I expect Specials to stack from the stat card to the scenario book in the future or is this just a misprint.

Thanks for your time. Love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, no, the abilities from the stat card and the scenario don't stack. They should be the same, but in these cases, I made a mistake and they aren't. When in doubt, go by the stat card.

In the case of scenario 11, just ignore the boss special in the rule book. The abilities are clear enough on the stat card, so just follow those.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Though you have special 2 slightly wrong. He gives all his allies +1 attack for the round and then performs an Attack+1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.