Subject: Toledo Chicago multiple times rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Hüttig
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

played my first game of 1830 on saturday and I have a question:

The player with the C&O quickly expanded to Toledo, put a station marker there and then connected Toledo to Chicago over three different routes (after green tiles became available). He then ran 3 2-trains between these two generating LOTS of revenue. Is this legal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given an arrangement like the following, yes, that's fine. I expect similar around NYC, and running for more ORs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is legal, but unlikely to happen in most games. To get to an situation as in the picture, you need five tile placements (4x yellow, 1 upgrade to green). If a 3-train comes out in OR1, you will reach this situation in OR 3.2 earliest. By that time, usually the 4-trains have come out, so your three 2-trains are already rusted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The B&O can do this as well. It's often said that players new to 1830 play too conservatively, i.e. slowly, which encourages this kind of situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jofarin wrote:
Is this legal?

Why do you think it might not be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's legal, so don't let your opponent get away with it. Buy a 4-train and rust their 2-trains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
The point is that the same train can't go thru the same city twice but different trains can go through the same city as often as different routes take them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.