Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Hancock
Australia
Birkdale
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Way back when, I picked up the base game and like everyone else struggled with the system somewhat. Since I have it and liked the idea, I wanted to give 2.0 a crack and was wondering if there was any PrinterStudio links for the 2.0 content? I found one for the Q3 update but that doesn't appear to be all of it.

I'm somewhat surprised that there are only pdf's available on the MCG website downloads...

Thanks in advance (especially if it's because my searching skill suck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
IanHancock wrote:
Hey guys,

Way back when, I picked up the base game and like everyone else struggled with the system somewhat.

Well... I did not really strugge with the system. I guess I am not amongst everyone else.

IanHancock wrote:
Since I have it and liked the idea, I wanted to give 2.0 a crack and was wondering if there was any PrinterStudio links for the 2.0 content? I found one for the Q3 update but that doesn't appear to be all of it.

I'm somewhat surprised that there are only pdf's available on the MCG website downloads...

Thanks in advance (especially if it's because my searching skill suck)

I don't think printerstudio-links exist. There was an 2.0 Upgrade kit:
http://store.megacongames.com/collections/myth/products/myth...
It appears to be sold out though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I learned to play by downloading the 2.0 rules from their website, and used the 1.0 cards. I never really had a problem with it, although there are still a few grey areas where you're not sure how to interpret the cards. In that situation I just go with whatever seems logical and fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hancock
Australia
Birkdale
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
Well... I did not really strugge with the system. I guess I am not amongst everyone else.

It was more the layout of the rulebook and the unorthodox game design. Certainly I think we can all agree that a 2.0 update was needed and, at first glance, appears to be an asset to the game system

Cuthailion wrote:

I don't think printerstudio-links exist. There was an 2.0 Upgrade kit:
http://store.megacongames.com/collections/myth/products/myth...
It appears to be sold out though...

I had seen that as well, however living in Australia makes purchasing these sorts of things prohibitively expensive due to the shipping. For some reason, I can get cards printed and sent at reasonable rates.

Darby_ wrote:
I learned to play by downloading the 2.0 rules from their website, and used the 1.0 cards. I never really had a problem with it, although there are still a few grey areas where you're not sure how to interpret the cards. In that situation I just go with whatever seems logical and fair.

Thanks for that, I might give it a crack before I go and print/get printed new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
I don't think printerstudio-links exist.

Yes, they do exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reminder: don't alter this project!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
IanHancock wrote:
Hey guys,

Way back when, I picked up the base game and like everyone else struggled with the system somewhat.

You're not alone. I learned from 1.0 and videos, taught my gaming group, and later upgraded with printerstudio to 1.2 and 1.3 along with the unofficial manual rewrite. My group is still playing with that 1.X card set and referencing the unofficial rewrite rules when we need them. We've almost finished my homebrew campaign, but 4 of the 5 stated that they want to start "clean" and experience all the modules when they arrive. Once my campaign finishes, Myth may stay on the shelf for the first time in a very long time; I don't see "Wave 3" arriving before June.

I guess it'll give me time to get all the Shores and Blackwall minis painted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
reminder: don't alter this project!!!!!!

Because you wouldn't know which "version" of the cards you had?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.