Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://dailykos.com/stories/1632708

"After he blew off constituents at the airport, they took the extra step of heading to his house to read Coretta Scott King’s letter via bullhorn. All of this even though they’d been warned. They got an explanation. Nevertheless, they persisted."

1)Why does he not live in a gated community? He's a Republican.

2)Turtle is tough, he'll fight back. Putting Warren in the position of party leader to weaken Dem credentials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Surely Senatortoise, not Senator Turtle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:

I am not sure what is amusing about a video of a dog hurting a tortoise. I think it was chewing its head in the last frame. Alsi as pointed out, why so Americans call tortoises turtles? Turtles are aquatic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
rinelk wrote:

I am not sure what is amusing about a video of a dog hurting a tortoise. I think it was chewing its head in the last frame. Alsi as pointed out, why so Americans call tortoises turtles? Turtles are aquatic.

I took it to be a video about a tortoise chomping the dog's nuts, thus an illustration of the "he's tough, he'll fight back" point. Not that that makes it better.

As for the second, don't get uppity with us. Every other civilized country in the world can point at the U.S. and laugh right now, but you guys punched yourselves in the bollocks first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
rinelk wrote:

I took it to be a video about a tortoise chomping the dog's nuts, thus an illustration of the "he's tough, he'll fight back" point. Not that that makes it better.

As for the second, don't get uppity with us. Every other civilized country in the world can point at the U.S. and laugh right now, but you guys punched yourselves in the bollocks first.

So right, sadly. The French are next. Populism is on the rise in the world. Look at the Philippines for the next stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
rinelk wrote:

Seriously? The tortoise bit the dog's nuts. The dog isn't able to reach the tortoise's head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
rinelk wrote:

Seriously? The tortoise bit the dog's nuts. The dog isn't able to reach the tortoise's head.

Well tortoises are not that quick at withdrawing their heads. Foxes in the UK are known to kill pet tortoises in exactly that way. A quick bite to the head cuts the muscles withdrawing the head and them it's dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
rinelk wrote:

Well tortoises are not that quick at withdrawing their heads. Foxes in the UK are known to kill pet tortoises in exactly that way. A quick bite to the head cuts the muscles withdrawing the head and them it's dead.

The dog was bit in the nuts so you're concerned about the dog potentially killing it in self-defense. Makes sense. shake Notice the dog never reaches the head in the clip, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
rinelk wrote:

The dog was bit in the nuts so you're concerned about the dog potentially killing it in self-defense. Makes sense. shake Notice the dog never reaches the head in the clip, anyway.

Is this turtle a metaphor for Milo, Trump, or the Republican party at the moment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
rinelk wrote:

Is this turtle a metaphor for Milo, Trump, or the Republican party at the moment?

If I wanted to make snapper soup with these ingredients, would I also have the taste of dog nuts?

Also, what spice knocks down the gamey flavour of dog nuts?

Dinner party at 6, so quick responses appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throw in a Masala mix, it tends to cover over the gamier meats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Throw in a Masala mix, it tends to cover over the gamier meats.

I'll try it on the main course - Emu testes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turtle was a joke for McConnell. Hey, maybe those animals are actually friends and just roughhousing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
Turtle was a joke for McConnell. Hey, maybe those animals are actually friends and just roughhousing.

Can you imagine a sharp turtle beak snapping into your nutsack? C'mon, tell me that doesn't bring tears to your eyes. Imagine if it pierced the squishy parts?

One dead turtle and a lot of blood mixed with tears mixed with dirty undies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
rinelk wrote:

No. That would be a turtle biting its own balls, then laughing at liberals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
rinelk wrote:
You then 'flip' Senatortoise OFF & ONTO its back, so, now tell us about your Mother Samuel "L"? mlmrobot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
They BOTH "bite"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.