Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
So, today I got letter from the customs office that my Fields of Despair is waiting in their stock. Hey, wait! I ordered the EU friendly shipping option. I even paid for it! Now it looks like I will have to pay 35USD more for the duty etc.
Lets see who how will GMT deal with it. I am really pi..ed right now. Are there others with the same problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Nagy
Hungary
balmazújváros
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should ask Second Chance Games, they post in the EU, and they always helpfully!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Well, somebody messed it up in the GMT, because they sent it directly from USA. I do not think it is Second Chanse Games's fault.

Of course, I wrote to GMT and expect being fully reimbursed... As I paid 69USD for the game, 17USD for the EU shipping option and now I am going to pay cca 35USD for the customs and VAT.

121USD grand total for this fine piece of a game gulpgulpgulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still heavent heard anything about the game making it's way towards me, but I double checked on GMT website and in the order it has listed my shipping as 'Non-Asia Overseas Surface - Slow Option Allow 4-8 Weeks' even though I'm sure I changed it to Euro friendly option for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Polda wrote:
Well, somebody messed it up in the GMT, because they sent it directly from USA. I do not think it is Second Chanse Games's fault.

Of course, I wrote to GMT and expect being fully reimbursed... As I paid 69USD for the game, 17USD for the EU shipping option and now I am going to pay cca 35USD for the customs and VAT.

I even paid more for shipping - 26USD for total of 95USD. I would really hate to get hit by VAT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Capitaine Conan," by Roger Vercel (1934).
mbmbmbmbmb
Polda wrote:

Hi Michal,

You total as listed isn't enough for it to be the Euro-friendly shipping. I chose "unfriendly" euro shipping (that is normal order) and it was $69 for the game and $17 for shipping (total $86). Your total should have been in the area of $24-$29 for shipping (according to the GMT Information).

Edited for math errors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
I believe GMT will handle this correctly and will reimburse me. It is a fine company.. But still it is 2h loss of time travelling to the customs office etc. I double checked it and everywhere I stated that I want the EU friendly shipping option.

I have other 8 games on preorder.. which I am prepared to cancel right now :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Notari
Italy
Gazzada Schianno
Varese
flag msg tools
Same problem here.

I'm certain as hell to have chosen "Euro friendly".

I've been charged $86 and never thought it was the wrong amount.
Now I'm really nervous, I expect the worst..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK,

So, I just spoke to GMT. My game was shipped on 6 February "Euro-Friendly" shipping for a total price of $86. The game will be shipped to the UK and then from the UK to Switzerland.

I didn't choose this option--she said it was used as default since I didn't choose "air mail."

I guess for me it saved me money on shipping (?) and got me in at the P500 price. It will probably take even longer than normal as it will go surface to the UK (4-6 weeks) and then the shipping time from the UK (usually 7-10 days) plus sitting in Swiss Customs (since we're not an EU country). I reckon it'll be here mid-April.

Seems a bit odd that it was sent this way when I specifically ordered it with normal shipping...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: At boardgamegeneral.eu in Europe the game is sold for 89.95 euro. With orders over 100 euro an extra 2% discount.

I don't think it makes much difference really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Bos wrote:
FYI: At boardgamegeneral.eu in Europe the game is sold for 89.95 euro. With orders over 100 euro an extra 2% discount.

I don't think it makes much difference really.

I calculated it, and I saved 7.44 euros by ordering directly from GMT...but I live in Switzerland, where our VAT is 8%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Weird, people who want the EU friendly option do not get it and others, who want them to send it directly, get the option :-)

So at the customs I paid 946CZK which is 37.50USD. Great. Still waiting for an email from GMT with some propositions how to settle this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gallego
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid that it happened to me too.

I'm quite pissed since the only reason I kept the order was the chance for an euro friendly shipping. The last game that I got through p500 was 1846 and after the customs hit it was at least 20 euros more expensive than in a local store.

Bad luck here in Prague

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ayers
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Second Chance Games are still listing this game as pre order on their web site so I presume they haven't received it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Still no response from GMT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Nagy
Hungary
balmazújváros
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just got this email from GMT:
Thank you for your recent order. When you placed your order, you chose the Euro Friendly P500 orders via SCG- VAT PREPAID to EU as your shipping method. Unfortunately, we are not able to ship your order using this shipping method since your order is for Non-P500 games

My recent order is a month old:

Order Date 1/18/2017 4:33:56 AM
SKU: Product Quantity Price Discount Ext. Price
Fields of Despair 1 $99.00 $30.00 $69.00
SubTotal: $69.00
Shipping: Euro Friendly P500 Orders via SCG - VAT PREPAID to EU $26.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $95.00.

I ordered when was p500 and charged for p500 price but its not a p500 order anymore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thommo wrote:
Well, I just got this email from GMT:
Thank you for your recent order. When you placed your order, you chose the Euro Friendly P500 orders via SCG- VAT PREPAID to EU as your shipping method. Unfortunately, we are not able to ship your order using this shipping method since your order is for Non-P500 games

My recent order is a month old:

Order Date 1/18/2017 4:33:56 AM
SKU: Product Quantity Price Discount Ext. Price
Fields of Despair 1 $99.00 $30.00 $69.00
SubTotal: $69.00
Shipping: Euro Friendly P500 Orders via SCG - VAT PREPAID to EU $26.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $95.00.

I ordered when was p500 and charged for p500 price but its not a p500 order anymore?

You should have not chosen the "Euro Friendly" option and then you would have gotten it automatically like I did...

Tamas, did they not ship your game at all, or did you receive your game and have to pay customs? I scrolled up the thread and I couldn't find any previous post that explained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rotary21 wrote:
Second Chance Games are still listing this game as pre order on their web site so I presume they haven't received it yet.

When I spoke to GMT about my game they explained my game was in the shipment that is going to Second Chance Games. So 6 February plus 4-6 weeks. I can't confirm this--that's just what they told me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Nagy
Hungary
balmazújváros
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They didnt even ship! But offered me to refund 9 dollar if i choose the slow shipping, or i can able to cancel my order now.
Well its super slow shipping they needed 1 month to even process my order!

Update
After a few mail back and forth GMT fixed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thommo wrote:
They didnt even ship! But offered me to refund 9 dollar if i choose the slow shipping, or i can able to cancel my order now.
Well its super slow shipping they needed 1 month to even process my order!

Update
After a few mail back and forth GMT fixed it!

So your game is on its way? That's good news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sebik
Czech Republic
Prague 10
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
My issue is settled too. GMT wants to return me money, I am OK with discount from next order. I guess something must have gone very wrong (maybe wild New Years Eve celebrations...?) as there is no obvious pattern to this problem :-)

edit: GMT returned me money for the customs fee. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.