Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

I have a gaming friend who is looking for a gaming group in or near Nottingham to join. She enjoys a wide variety of games, from mid-weight strategy games like El Grande, Stone Age and Bohnanza, down to lighter fare like Boggle and Time's Up. She doesn't generally enjoy the really heavy strategy games, but is open to trying most games. She has a car so is able to travel. Are there any groups in the area that would welcome a new gamer to their group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is FANG, we have a group on Facebook under FANG - Friendly Association of Nottingham Gamers

We meet at the Dice Cup Cafe every Thursday and have other ad-hoc meets, I often game at the Dice Cup on a Saturday too. The Thursday nights are free. A variety of weight games are played there, from light to super heavy.

There is a also a group that meet via meetup.com at The Tavern under - Annies Burger Shack every other Monday, the games are usually lighter party style game that are played there.

New gamers are very welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the other main gaming shop Chimera in Beeston have gaming events on a Wednesday and have some at the White Lion, ALT Video Gaming Lounge and the National Video Game Arcade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Johnston
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There’s a few I can think of off the top of my head.

The dice cup which is located near the bus station/Victoria shopping centre in the town centre. I think there is still an open games evening Thursday starting around 6pm, find someone in FANG (Friendly Association of Nottingham Gamers) on BGG or contact the cafe on fecebook etc to confirm this (or or other dates) as I'm unable to attend those evenings.

Ludorati is another games cafe in town though I have no idea what kind of events they might have on.

Chimera in Beeston would be another place to check out though again I have no idea what games evenings they may put on.

Mansfield is also nearby and I know there are more than a few gamers up that way.

This should at least start you looking in the right direction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Johnston
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah you got two posts in while I typed out my one, I need to level up my typing skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bonner
United Kingdom
Grantham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If she's on the eastern side - Bingham/Bottesford way, there's also a monthly Grantham group - https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/2674
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campbell
United Kingdom
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Ludorati run a social group on a Tuesday night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gould
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
jestatharogue.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Fizzypop wrote:
Mansfield is also nearby and I know there are more than a few gamers up that way.

Where? I can never find them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.