Mage Wars Academy» Forums » General

Subject: Alternate Spellbook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garry Nicholls
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi Everyone.

Just letting you know I've found a really good alternative spellbook for Mage Wars Academy. Although it could work for Arena too.

Pokemon have started releasing mini albums. They hold up to 60 cards. 2 to a page. Unlike Our normal books these are only, well, 1 x 1 instead of 4 x 4.

There aren't many designs. I can only find one locally here in Australia. On the other hand these are only just bigger than a normal deck box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these myself:

https://www.legionsupplies.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_...

You can fit 2x 120-point spell books in each one, so for example:

- Academy [insert Mage type] in the front half
- Arena [insert Mage type] in the second half

or

- Domination [insert Mage type] in the front half

etc.

For example, I have a Domination Bloodwave Warlord and an Arena Anvil Throne Warlord in the same physical spell book; same for Domination Priest and Arena Priestess; Domination Straywood Beastmaster and Arena Johktari Beastmaster. Could easily do this with an Academy Mage and an Arena Mage, if desired.

I sleeve my cards with a different coloured sleeves for each book-within-a-(physical)-book to make sure I don't accidentally cheat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I use these myself:

https://www.legionsupplies.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_...

You can fit 2x 120-point spell books in each one, so for example:

- Academy [insert Mage type] in the front half

or

- Domination [insert Mage type] in the front half

etc.

For example, I have a Domination Bloodwave Warlord and an Arena Anvil Throne Warlord in the same physical spell book; same for Domination Priest and Arena Priestess; Domination Straywood Beastmaster and Arena Johktari Beastmaster. Could easily do this with an Academy Mage and an Arena Mage, if desired.

I sleeve my cards with a different coloured sleeves for each book-with-a-(physical)-book to make sure I don't accidentally cheat.

I also have one of these. It is amazing. The side loading is really nice, and you don't have to worry about things changing direction half way through the book, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Bieberbach
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:

I think these are basically the same thing and cost half as much:

Ultra Pro PRO-Binder, 4-Pocket, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094J1PJ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_aPlk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.