Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
So Donald Trump was dealing with the news that North Korea had launched a test missile in the public restaurant of his Mar-A-Lago club. His aides were holding up their camera phones to provide light for Trump to read the top secret briefing documents. In a restaurant.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-north-korea-mar-a-lago-...

At the same time, the aide carrying the nuclear football was photographed and identified on Facebook by a club member.

At the same time, Japanese PM Abe was paying Trump's business for accommodation at Mar-A-Lago. Trump is getting richer off the backs of foreign heads of state.

What the hell is wrong with you people that you think this is all acceptable behaviour?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word yet on the snake oil salesman's promise to pay the U.S. Treasury the profits generated at his hotels by payments from foreign governments? If he does, I'll bet hia accounting makes Hollwywood's accounting for profits on movies look reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
But Obama went golfing once and nobody complained so it's the same just shut up stupid liberals as we rattle our way to kleptocracic dictatorship status. It's all awesome because we won and you lost go team r go team r go team r.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Any word yet on the snake oil salesman's promise to pay the U.S. Treasury the profits generated at his hotels by payments from foreign governments? If he does, I'll bet hia accounting makes Hollwywood's accounting for profits on movies look reasonable.

He's holding the check until after the IRS audit clears and he release them to the public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I love when the guy taking the photos said that Trump remaining in Mar-a-Lago's dining room to discuss sensitive international topics "shows he's a man of the people". Yeah, he's definitely a man of the people who can pay his $200,000 initiation fee.

Fucking ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
So Donald Trump was dealing with the news that North Korea had launched a test missile in the public restaurant of his Mar-A-Lago club. His aides were holding up their camera phones to provide light for Trump to read the top secret briefing documents. In a restaurant.

At the same time, the aide carrying the nuclear football was photographed and identified on Facebook by a club member.

At the same time, Japanese PM Abe was paying Trump's business for accommodation at Mar-A-Lago. Trump is getting richer off the backs of foreign heads of state.

What the hell is wrong with you people that you think this is all acceptable behaviour?

Who thinks this is acceptable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
aiabx wrote:

I bet you won't hear a bad word about it from either Fox or Congressional Republican leadership.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in before Dashi or Drew or someone is all BUT HILLLLAAREEEEEEE EEEEEMAAAAAILS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
aiabx wrote:

Everyone with the power to do something about it, and presumably anyone who is still a Trump supporter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well he still has a 40% approval rating per Gallup.

Not that having a 30% or 20% approval rating would necessarily make a difference, but it might cause the republican legislature to reach around behind themselves and find a spine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
aiabx wrote:

I bet you won't hear a bad word about it from either Fox or Congressional Republican leadership.

No different from what the liberals do when it is one of their own in power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:

Not that having a 30% or 20% approval rating would necessarily make a difference, but it might cause the republican legislature to reach around behind themselves and find a spine.

Hah...they couldn't find a spine to impeach Obama the (many) times he deserved it, it's unlikely it will happen now.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
The football carrying thing was just dumb. Though I remember how Republicans went apeshit last year when Biden acknowledged the football's existence, and the existence of the person carrying it.

Having a sensitive conversation like this in a room with semi-random people present, including at least one who was posting video of it on Facebook in real time - well, let's just say that seems pretty fucking unwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
I love when the guy taking the photos said that Trump remaining in Mar-a-Lago's dining room to discuss sensitive international topics "shows he's a man of the people".

If he was really a man of the people he would have had the meeting at a Chili's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
pretty fucking unwise.

If I were to sum up the Trump administration in three words those are the ones I would choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

Hah...they couldn't find a spine to impeach Obama the (many) times he deserved it, it's unlikely it will happen now.

Ferret

I was all set for the 'But Hilary' but I got blindsided by the 'But Obama'. This is why Trump gets away with this dangerously insecure nonsense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not remembering that time when Obama reviewed classified material in public and we all ignored it, but thank you for living up to my expectations - I get it.

When Trump does something you think is bad or wrong, you aren't against it because at an imaginary point in the past an imaginary democrat didn't object to an imaginary thing that Obama did.

Got it. So your position is that you don't aspire to be any better than me, but you stop yourself from every doing anything morally right or good by assuring yourself that I probably did something worse than that in the past, thus you need hold yourself to no standard at all.

TBH that looks like a recipe for you to become a completely appalling human being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Ferretman wrote:

Ferret
Eagerly awaiting enlightenment of the (many) times Obama "deserved" impeachment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
I love when the guy taking the photos said that Trump remaining in Mar-a-Lago's dining room to discuss sensitive international topics "shows he's a man of the people". Yeah, he's definitely a man of the people who can pay his $200,000 initiation fee.

Fucking ridiculous.

If the FSB could sponsor 5 members, that would be the best million ever spent in the history of espionage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
toku42 wrote:

Fucking ridiculous.

If the FSB could sponsor 5 members, that would be the best million ever spent in the history of espionage.

Why would they need to spend a dime? Trump would just comp them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
rylfrazier wrote:

Ferret

Name one impeachable thing that Obama did. You see it takes more than spine. It takes all the stuff needed in a judicial process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
red black wrote:

That's an excellent point, I remember how Bush just spread a bunch of classified materials on the classroom desk and discussed it as the class went about its business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who knows, maybe red black's point was that while W got ripped for sitting there without reacting, Trump immediately began addressing the issue. Its hard to tell - though a picture may be worth a thousand words, they often benefit from a few more to explain them.

So, does he have a secure room at the Florida White House?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
I'm not remembering that time when Obama reviewed classified material in public and we all ignored it, but thank you for living up to my expectations - I get it.

When Trump does something you think is bad or wrong, you aren't against it because at an imaginary point in the past an imaginary democrat didn't object to an imaginary thing that Obama did.

Got it. So your position is that you don't aspire to be any better than me, but you stop yourself from every doing anything morally right or good by assuring yourself that I probably did something worse than that in the past, thus you need hold yourself to no standard at all.

TBH that looks like a recipe for you to become a completely appalling human being.

I think we can officially declare the GOP to be the party of moral relativism.

"We don't have to defend anything we do as long we can point to something similar you guys did."

What would you reckon is the ratio of actual defenses of Trump policies vs. "But Obama/Hillary!" posts that we see around here? I'd guess 1:10 at best.

It's starting to get pretty pathetic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.