United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I enjoy from playing Mansions of Madness 2nd edition is not knowing what tiles are ultimately going to make an appearance in a given scenario.

Descent tells you everything up front, which isn't nearly as fun. Last night we played where we simply skipped past the screen that says "grab all these tiles" and just grabbed them as the were revealed on the map.

It's a minor thing but certainly added some excitement. Give it a try and see what you think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say a prerequisite is that you have the tiles sorted in a binder or some sort of organizer first. Otherwise with all the expansions it will break immersion to be forced to plough through dozens and dozens of map tiles each time a new room is explored

I do agree, though! Not knowing how much or how little there is left of the map makes for a more interesting adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerrod Warr
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sahava wrote:
I would say a prerequisite is that you have the tiles sorted in a binder or some sort of organizer first.

True. I use the method which I saw posted on here a while back, which is all mine are in hanging file folders in groups of 10. As we know, the game is a beast to organize efficiently!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.