N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Flagship Half Price Books in Dallas has several copies of Trains, Trains: Rising Sun, and Planes for $14.99 each.

I just picked up Trains: Rising Sun with the 10% newsletter coupon. This weekend will also have a 20% off sale starting 2/16/2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped by yesterday after work. As I walked in past the sale displays by the entry doors(the doors facing NW Hwy) I noticed 2 copies of Trains:Rising Sun for $10 (I got one). The copies that are inside the store were still $14.99. I asked the cashier about the price difference and he said that they were probably trying to clear extra stock.

I did not check the other entry doors so there might be some there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin R
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there a way to check inventory online for Half Price Books locations? There's not one near where I live, but there is one relatively close to my sister whom I am currently visiting. The logistics of getting out there would be tricky though, so I'd like to have some idea if they had them before I made the journey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if there is a way to check inventory online but they did have quite a few copies of each. I would guess 10+ copies of each when I was there and I don't think they are flying of the shelves. The trick is finding them when you get there. There were some Planes and Trains on an Island display and then some more Trains and Rising Sun in the shelved area close to that same island display. Plus it might be a good idea to check all the entry door displays and maybe get one for $10 like I did.

I was at the Richardson location the day before (Tuesday) and they had a few copies (4 or less) of Planes and Trains. I did not spot any Rising Sun there. These were also priced at $14.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin R
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. I'm actually near one of the California locations, but it seems like there have been several reports of HPB clearing these out at various stores. Might be worth trying to head over there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Max
United States
Cinci
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still $24.99 in Cincinnati

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
snoova wrote:
I was at the Richardson location the day before (Tuesday) and they had a few copies (4 or less) of Planes and Trains. I did not spot any Rising Sun there. These were also priced at $14.99

I dropped by the Richardson location yesterday to pick up Trains, but the prices were all back to $29.99.

Northwest Highway Location still had several copies of Trains, Trains: Rising Sun, and Planes in stock at $14.99. (plus 20% off this weekend)

Also, Half Price Books does not price match from store to store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.