Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the press conference with Canada's Prime Minister and our leader. Trudeau was amazing, walking that fine line between being honest and not insulting the leader of the US. At times, though he was looking at the audience, it seemed he was giving Trump a civics lesson in how the world REALLY works, how our countries benefit from each other, how our trade agreement helps the middle class of both countries. He was brilliant!

Trump was Trump. Ask him one thing and he re-speaks the same old platitudes, as though he doesn't really know the answer but these other things are what you want to hear. Northern border safety became about the southern border. Safe. Safe. You know the drill. Everything is very, very good in his hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Canadian social media is having fun with the fact that Trudeau stifled Trump's dominant handshake schtick. Trudeau is a former amateur boxer and doesn't get yanked around by anyone.

Invalid tweet.

Edit: the weird handshakes are a thing:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/10/in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad Japan's Prime Minister couldn't escape. But he did do an impressive eye-roll when he finally got his arm back. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
A montage of handshakes.

http://www.trumpormrburns.com/handshake

Gorsuch gets the worst of it.

It has this weird canine "I'm going to dominate you" quality to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
dkearns wrote:
THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A BETA CUCK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone yanks him back, when does the Secret Service intervene?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would so much rather that comedians made fun of Trump for things like this -- things that show his insecure need to dominate people in schoolyard-bully ways -- than for his skin color, hair, or hand size.

Let's laugh about the things that show how weak, vindictive, and temperamentally-unfit he is for office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
Canadian social media is having fun with the fact that Trudeau stifled Trump's dominant handshake shtick. Trudeau is a former amateur boxer and doesn't get yanked around by anyone.

Love it! Didn't even know about the #Trumpjerk, what a fucking asshole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the pull-and-pat technique. It says, "I'm in charge, but don't feel bad about it".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
I like the pull-and-pat technique. It says, "I'm in charge, but don't feel bad about it".

Shhhhh, just let it happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
I would so much rather that comedians made fun of Trump for things like this -- things that show his insecure need to dominate people in schoolyard-bully ways -- than for his skin color, hair, or hand size.

Let's laugh about the things that show how weak, vindictive, and temperamentally-unfit he is for office.

Agreed on the skin thing--hell I've got a red face from Rosacea myself, I'd hate to be called a drunk or something based on that--and I have no hair at all so agreed on that

The hand size thing, though...that's Trump's monster that he created, and it also shows how his temperament is unsuited. Something as silly as someone calling him a "short-fingered vulgarian" sets him off for decades... actually if it wasn't Trump I'd suspect it was an example of a long-play dry humor attempt, to seem offended by such a silly thing. Makes you wonder what he'll do when he *really* gets insulted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
A montage of handshakes.

It would be priceless if you could convince someone to 'go with it' and completely launch shoulder first into Truml when he does it, taking everyone to the ground in a non-damaging but extremely embaressing way that would highlight the behavior to the point he would have to knock it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
dkearns wrote:
THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A BETA CUCK!

Having small hands I would do what I always do when some one larger tries that shit. I just subtly press on the radial nerve point and watch him squirm and see how long he tried to hold on for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's almost grounds for a fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edgarthewoebringer wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

Agreed on the skin thing--hell I've got a red face from Rosacea myself, I'd hate to be called a drunk or something based on that--and I have no hair at all so agreed on that

The hand size thing, though...that's Trump's monster that he created, and it also shows how his temperament is unsuited. Something as silly as someone calling him a "short-fingered vulgarian" sets him off for decades... actually if it wasn't Trump I'd suspect it was an example of a long-play dry humor attempt, to seem offended by such a silly thing. Makes you wonder what he'll do when he *really* gets insulted.

There is a difference between rosacea (btw, I have a friend who cleared her's up with only supplements - no medications! if you are interested) and painting yourself orange with tanning products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

There is a difference between rosacea (btw, I have a friend who cleared her's up with only supplements - no medications! if you are interested) and painting yourself orange with tanning products.

Why do I have the feeling he is surrounded by folks constantly telling him how "marvelous he looks"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

What's the difference between a medication and a supplement?

the medication is proven to work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I was surprised by the number of hits you get if you Google "Justin Trudeau" and "Punchable Face."

Interesting. Guess how many more hits you get when you replace "Justin Trudeau" with "Donald Trump"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I was surprised by the number of hits you get if you Google "Justin Trudeau" and "Punchable Face."

Hmmm. What could motivate that violent reaction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

If you are deficient in a nutrient do to your poor diet or a genetic defect then taking sufficient nutrients vs supplementation will have an effect.

I have a genetic defect and cannot methylate folic acid so I supplement with methylated folate. I am taking a medication with strips potassium from the body so I drink extra V8 to get extra potassium. I am taking the medication that strips Coq 10 from the body which increases the risk of a cardiac event and which results in muscle pain. So I am taking extra Coq 10 which is been shown by studies to be effective. And it definitely stops the muscle pain. I have an issue that my left toe started developing gout. I was advised to take tart black cherry supplements. The pain in my toe ceased within 24 hours. When I stop taking the tart black cherry supplements the pain returns within three days. When I resumed taking the tart black cherry supplements the pain goes away within 24 hours.

I have a genetic defect which makes my cholesterol stickier and lowers the amount of good cholesterol in my body. Lab testing has shown that taking fish oil supplements increases the amount of two kinds of good cholesterol in my body at levels measurable in blood tests which i get twice a year.
My ankles began swelling and taking a daily senior supplement causes the swelling to not occur. When I do not take the supplement the feet swell. When I do take the supplement the feet to not swell.

If you want to suffer then continue being willfully ignorant go ahead. But when I give a device like this it's based upon repeatable experience and often formal studies.

Voice typing so apologize for any weird words.

Oh and to the original point. My friend developed rosacea and the medication was expensive and did not work well enough to eliminate it. She investigated supplementation and she has eliminated her rosacea and also no longer has to take the medication. When she has stopped the supplementation the rosacea returns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Terwox wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

If you are deficient in a nutrient do to your poor diet or a genetic defect then taking sufficient nutrients vs supplementation will have an effect.

I have a genetic defect and cannot methylate folic acid so I supplement with methylated folate. I am taking a medication with strips potassium from the body so I drink extra V8 to get extra potassium. I am taking the medication that strips Coq 10 from the body which increases the risk of a cardiac event and which results in muscle pain. So I am taking extra Coq 10 which is been shown by studies to be effective. And it definitely stops the muscle pain. I have an issue that my left toe started developing gout. I was advised to take tart black cherry supplements. The pain in my toe ceased within 24 hours. When I stop taking the tart black cherry supplements the pain returns within three days. When I resumed taking the tart black cherry supplements the pain goes away within 24 hours.

I have a genetic defect which makes my cholesterol stickier and lowers the amount of good cholesterol in my body. Lab testing has shown that taking fish oil supplements increases the amount of two kinds of good cholesterol in my body at levels measurable in blood tests which i get twice a year.
My ankles began swelling and taking a daily senior supplement causes the swelling to not occur. When I do not take the supplement the feet swell. When I do take the supplement the feet to not swell.

If you want to suffer then continue being willfully ignorant go ahead. But when I give a device like this it's based upon repeatable experience and often formal studies.

Voice typing so apologize for any weird words.

Oh and to the original point. I friended a left rosacea and the medication was expensive and did not work well enough to eliminate it. She investigated supplementation and she has eliminated her rosacea and no longer has to take the medication. When she has stopped the supplementation the rosacea returns.

It's just a stolen gag from Tim Minchin.

I'm not scared of supplements, I'm scared of "this unproven supplement will help without medicine!"

If a supplement has gone through clinical trials, it is medication in my mind. But perhaps I'm once again misusing terms.

That cherry stuff works for gout eh? I got early access to gout and that was fucking awful. I've gotten back to controlling my weight since then but damn. I just backed off on the all-red meat low carb part of what I'm doing for a bit and downed lots of spinach for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
In practice, supplements make incredible claims, and are pretty much unregulated, and you have absolutely no idea of what you are putting inside of your body because of it.

Because of this, supplements are a wonderful business to be on: You can sell your new and improved formula with 28 different things that will boost your metabolism, make you lose weight, and make you feel like you are 21 again, all for $99 a bottle which costs $1 to produce.

It'd not surprise me if the new head of the FDA didn't want to make all pharmaceuticals only have to follow the supplement regulations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
In practice, supplements make incredible claims, and are pretty much unregulated, and you have absolutely no idea of what you are putting inside of your body because of it.

Because of this, supplements are a wonderful business to be on: You can sell your new and improved formula with 28 different things that will boost your metabolism, make you lose weight, and make you feel like you are 21 again, all for $99 a bottle which costs $1 to produce.

It'd not surprise me if the new head of the FDA didn't want to make all pharmaceuticals only have to follow the supplement regulations.

#notallsupplements

As i said above, my doctors have advised three of my supplements and regular lab testing has shown measurable changes.

And in three cases mentioned above, i directly experience elimination of pain and swelling in specific body areas in a repeatable observable fashion .
I agree it is not as tightly regulated. And excessive heat can destroy the contents (products from amazon have this issue in the summer. Spices too).

You have to pick a quality company that hasnt failed tests in the past that ships directly.

But you can tell when its working or not.

I dont take supplements which are purported to have very subtle unmeasurable long term benefits.

You also need to educate yourself because some supplements are actually plant forms of medicines and can have dramatic and dangerous effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Shadrach wrote:
dkearns wrote:
A montage of handshakes.

It would be priceless if you could convince someone to 'go with it' and completely launch shoulder first into Truml when he does it, taking everyone to the ground in a non-damaging but extremely embaressing way that would highlight the behavior to the point he would have to knock it off.

Having seen the video of Trump's "handshakes" I identify a danger.

A really uncoordinated person might actually find themselves having their shoulder driven into Trump's upper left anterior ribs and then find their right lateral supra-orbital frontal bone, near its area of maximum curvature and strength, whiplashing onto Trump's left cheek bone, fracturing both it and his eye socket. The shoulder to the ribs might only result in bruised ribs. But there would be some chance of broken ribs.

OH&S need to step in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.