5 Posts

Shadows Upon Lassadar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Learning Spells at Wardenkeep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frankie Bones

Montana
msg tools
Many, of course, will rant and rave against the garment fate has woven for them, but they pick it up and don it all the same, and most wear it to the end of their days. You…you would rather go naked into the storm.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this is a naive question but I have no idea how to learn spells at Wardenkeep. It says you may remain there to learn new spells, but how is this done?

Do I simply place a marker on my new spell and move the Grayking closer to Lassadar?

Is learning just a matter of placing cubes and deciding how far you want the Grayking to go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes you just place cubes on new spells as long as they are in your spell path and then move the Grayking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie Bones

Montana
msg tools
Many, of course, will rant and rave against the garment fate has woven for them, but they pick it up and don it all the same, and most wear it to the end of their days. You…you would rather go naked into the storm.
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
yes you just place cubes on new spells as long as they are in your spell path and then move the Grayking

Thank you Todd, that's how I played it. Made logical sense.

I have another question and didn't want to start another thread. So I got in a situation where I was battling in an extended battle and ran out of Manna. I was basically moving back and forth from one hex to another so that one of the servants couldn't get within one hex of me. The other one was the 4 hit point one and after 15 rolls, I lost all my manna and he had lost none.

So it was basically bogged down in this repetitive exercise of move one hex, roll, move one hex, roll and on and on. I could have continued this until I eventually rolled 4 wins but that could have taken 50 rolls so I just depleted my manna and spirit and called it a loss.

Long story, but is there any alight variant that make the extended battles less extended and repetitive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not really no but I think you could house rule whatever you feel seems right in that situation. Perhaps something along the lines of a retreat from the battle and move the Grayking one step closer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie Bones

Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Perhaps a time limit on extended battles. Thank you for the suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.