Hide
14 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » General

Subject: Does Anythone think this really works as a 2-player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
It's my experience that when the game is played with 2 players it almost always gets a runaway winner. This doesn't happen with 3 or 4.

Does this get better with experience or is the game just not balanced for 2?

I am suspecting the latter and might give up on it as a 2 player game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KinginAmber wrote:
It's my experience that when the game is played with 2 players it almost always gets a runaway winner. This doesn't happen with 3 or 4.

No this game sucks at less than 3. Full stop. It is abhorrent that they even put it in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
KinginAmber wrote:

No this game sucks at less than 3. Full stop. It is abhorrent that they even put it in the box.

I guess it is strictly speaking playable with 2, which means you can learn and teach the game with 2, but as a gaming experience it kinda sucks.

It should be packaged with the 5P expansion as a 3-5 player game and have 2P as an not-recommended option in the rules for teaching purposes only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphree
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play two player all the time. We both love this game. Weve had some run away games, but I'd say at least 50% of our games are too close to tell until the end of the 3rd age. Neither of us are board game experts, but we fully comprehend and understand the Blood Rage rules(Base game only, I don't have any expansions or kickstarter exclusives) and tactics. That being said, I like the game more with 3-5 players. But not significantly enough to not ever play with just two. Especially when compared with other games out that that are for just 2 players. I feel Blood Rage as a two player game is better than a lot of those. Just my 2 cents.

Summary: 2 player Blood Rage is better than no Blood Rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Eddy
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
Two is ok, three is better. There are better 2 player options but if you need your spicy Vikings fix and only one other player it still works fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
jeddy lee wrote:
Two is ok, three is better. There are better 2 player options but if you need your spicy Vikings fix and only one other player it still works fine.

Agreed. Two players is fine to learn the game and the card combinations. It's actually quite enjoyable. But 3-4 players is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a few games at 2 and always enjoyed them, but 4 really is ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of my games have been 2-player, and I think it works really well. Most games aren't runaway, and if there was a big point difference we can usually see afterwards that if we'd have done that instead of this, it would have been a lot closer, or a win for the other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya I also agree about it being a good 2 player game. My wife and I enjoy it a lot. Sure it's better with more players, but you can say that about a high high percentage of games. After all board gaming is a social hobby so the more the merrier. All of our games have come down to the end and final scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a 4-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan kap
msg tools
I agree with the others here. While it certainly is best with four, I actually like it as a two player game (play mostly with my brother) and never feel like I'm playing only half of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warg14 wrote:
I agree with the others here. While it certainly is best with four, I actually like it as a two player game (play mostly with my brother) and never feel like I'm playing only half of the game.

With some of the others. I've played with 2, 3 & 4. Great fun with 4. Would never suggest it with 3. Won't play it with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
warg14 wrote:

With some of the others. I've played with 2, 3 & 4. Great fun with 4. Would never suggest it with 3. Won't play it with 2.

I played with 2, 3 and 4. Although I agree 4 is best, 2 is a bit of a different game but I found it rather enjoyable. Even though we never play with 2 anymore these days it certainly not a bad experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan kap
msg tools
stevepop wrote:
warg14 wrote:

No need to be nitpicky. I think I got your message. You don't like it at two and that's fine. I played it on all player counts too and can safely say for myself that I actually enjoy it with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.