Canada
Three Hills
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Ruling Query:
1.Gandalf is my guide.
2. Shadow rolls successful hunt and draws a 3 tile
3. FP elects to kill Gandalf and make Strider (Dunadan from LOME) my guide.
4. Because of Strider's ability "...the first action die used to move the fellowship in a turn is not added to the hunt box." does this mean the character die that was just used where the fellowship was discovered by the hunt is not added to the hunt box? (This was the first character die added this turn to move the fellowship)
The wording that the first action die used to move the fellowship is not added makes me wonder if this die would not be added. It does not say "The first die added after Strider becomes the guide."
What do you guys think?

Additionally, does the fellowship track have to be 1 or higher before fellowship does their first move on the track for his ability to work. Or is it sufficient that after the first character die is used and the FSP movew to 1 that Strider is able to use his ability?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to page 37 of the 2nd edition rulebook, it seems you are right. Under "Moving the Fellowship":

Quote:
every time that an Action Die is used to move the Fellowship, that die is added to the Hunt Box after the Hunt has been completed

Emphasis mine. As for your second question, the Fellowship must be on step 1 before the first move of the turn takes place. Otherwise, there would be no reason to include that requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, from page 42 of the Rulebook:
Quote:
Note: If, at any time during the Hunt resolution, a new Guide is appointed (this happens, for example, when you use Meriadoc’s and Peregrin’s Guide ability, or because the Guide has been eliminated), the ability of the new Guide may be used immediately, if applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Daniels
Canada
Three Hills
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble finding the reference on page 42. Which paragraph is it in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
It's the red one beginning with "Note".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Daniels
Canada
Three Hills
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.