BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: I don't know what I'm doing! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Blackwell

Georgia
msg tools
Hello everyone,

I am Eric. I have been on the board before but never posted. I mainly came here to see what games are available for my family and I to play. I came back to the board because I decided to make a card game. I've been working on the game for a month and working on version 4. I am using my kids currently to playtest it...and they like it. Although I think that is great! I am still trying to improve it. I am on the board to do research on the next step to see what is next for this idea. I am a little overwhelmed with all of the information and insight. it will take some time for me to review and figure out where I want to take my idea.

Thanks for reading. Please say hello.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Eric. Welcome! It can be a bit overwhelming here at first, but just keep exploring and you'll get the hang of it.

Be sure to check out the Board Game Design forum as it will supply you with a wealth of information and is a great place to ask for feedback on game ideas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea! Another Eric!

If you want to dive in, check out a contest. Here's one running right now... The 2017 9-card Nanogame PnP Design Contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Blackwell

Georgia
msg tools
Thank you! I have been trying to go through these. Good information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Blackwell

Georgia
msg tools
Thank you Eric. (Great name btw). I will check it out but I am not certain that I am ready for a contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wellblack wrote:
Thank you Eric. (Great name btw). I will check it out but I am not certain that I am ready for a contest.

They run almost all the time- all different kinds. Great for looking at ideas and such. And they are always looking for playtesters. It's what got me sucked in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcomeblankeric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Doguet
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
SEINE MARITIME
flag msg tools
Unaware... Really ?
badge
In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night !
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG, Eric !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.