Subject: To people with unconfirmed pledge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ngoc Hai Pham
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Well, thanks to your contribution, the project will drag on 3 more months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
ngochai wrote:

So you're saying... burn the witch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ngochai wrote:

Riiight. It has nothing to do with having over 22k backers. Or 27 unique monsters. Or five expansions to print in addition to the base. Or the sheer volume of KS exclusives.

Nope. It's all because of all the unconfirmed pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Get your filthy hands off my pledge, you damn dirty ape!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jari H.
Finland
Satakunta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With pledge manager so long open i hardly think it effected production so much that that is the main reason why it got pushed back. CMON all ways have alot of missing pledges and reopening pledge will most likely get small number of missing people back.

But these things are expected and should not be raged about. I would prepair my self for extra delay still. The have such a steam going that things are delayed even more than before i think. And is there going to be huge kickstarter next from cmon, rising something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I think they initially intended to get production done before the Chinese new year. However dates slipped, either because of new sculpts, rules rewrites, or just plain old being bumped down the schedule because of delays with other projects.

It's just easier to blame things on pledges left open than admit that either their planning was off or they couldn't stick to a schedule they made a big deal about having adjusted to compensate for delays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
ngochai wrote:

Are you serious? Most KS set a hard date for backers to confirm. CMON doesn't do that because they want to take as much money as they can up to the last minute.

Even in this update, they STILL don't set a hard date. WTF is "NOW" since we all read the email at a different time. So "NOW" has to give at least a few days of a window...but they didn't even say that.

CMON digs this hole themselves by making so many KS exclusives. People now back their games for $1 and wait to see how production goes because they don't want to miss out, but they would like more information about the final game.

Don't want this problem? Just set a hard date. Really don't want this problem? Just don't take late backers.

But see, then CMON would have to guess at retail quantities way more than they do now. Easier to just keep taking money and then see if they can get sheep to blame other sheep for delays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL one that swallowed CMONs pathetic excuse...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zethnar wrote:
Honestly, I think they initially intended to get production done before the Chinese new year. However dates slipped, either because of new sculpts, rules rewrites, or just plain old being bumped down the schedule because of delays with other projects.

It's just easier to blame things on pledges left open than admit that either their planning was off or they couldn't stick to a schedule they made a big deal about having adjusted to compensate for delays.

They didn't say only open pledges were at fault or even the main problem. In fact, they insinuated their planning was off by saying the volume itself presented quite a hurdle (I am paraphrasing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, been sitting on a wait-and-see pledge forever now, because this is CMON and I've learned that you can basically wait until the 11th hour and they'll still take my damn money. Anyway, I finally have a group that will actually play this (they're playing the hell out of my copy of Zombicide: BP) so this is a no-brainer now. Pledge confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know no more about the game than I did when I pledged my dollar. And that's CMON's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
I know no more about the game than I did when I pledged my dollar. And that's CMON's fault.

QFT. I'm all payed up, but this is a legit sentiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've pledged already but is it too late to up my pledge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
I've pledged already but is it too late to up my pledge?

I'd say ask CMON, but I'm thinking at this point the answer is no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.