Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably could play it either way I suppose without that much difference in gameplay.

edit :spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden W├╝rtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Should domesticated animals lost in a blizzaed be shuffled back into the appropriate draw deck?
They should go into the appropriate draw deck. This simulates that they are not extinct. Edit: Kyrill points out that it is already in the rules that such creatures are discarded, not kept in the draw deck. My bad.

In general an animal is less likely to go extinct once domesticated. Mankind has saved many a creature from extinction through domestication, such as cattle, hamsters, gingkoes, horses, camels, and possibly cheetahs and Indian elephants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rules clearly say they are discarded out if the game.

While a domesticated animal is in your hand or tableau, it cannot be hunted. This suggest not enough quantities remain in the wild, i.e. it has suffered the equivalent of going extinct.

So in what quantities would early humans have domesticated species while possible driving them extinct in the wild?

How many generation would it take for a domesticated animl to no longer be able to sustain itself once freed from domestication?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I overlooked it too. I like shuffling them back in better. Though it takes up more time it doesn't happen often. Living Rules, Living Rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.