Myth» Forums » General

Subject: List of all available heroes/would be available heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Glassman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I think it is important to have a variety in the player character selection in a game like myth.

I was wondering simply, what are all of the available and soon to be available heroes, and how I can buy them without being a part of a Kickstarter. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you can buy some of them without having been part of the Kickstarter (or a different Megacon Games Kickstarter, in the case of the Hunter).

Here is a list of the ones I know about. There are male and female hero versions of the miniatures to choose from but they use the same deck (both are not always easily available, though) except for the Spriggan (who is neuter) and the Swordsworn (so far, anyway). They all have Journeyman extra card (but they are available separately from the base deck for the heroes, except for each Hero introduced in the 2 Journeyman expansions: Swashbuckler and Outsider).

5 Base Game Heroes (the 2.0 decks, and other 2.0 game updates, are a free download at the company website):

Acolyte
Apprentice
Archer
Brigand
Soldier

Myth Kickstarter "expansion" Heroes (the Skald figures with cards were available retail for a while) but with the 1.0 decks -- the decks are a free download at the company website, and I suspect that the 2.0 versions of the heroes (plus their JM cards) may be available again as an add-on in a future Myth Kickstarter campaign.:

Trickster
Spriggan
Skald

Mercs: Recon Kickstarter Myth Promo hero (exclusive to that KS and probably won't be available again). The JM cards were available as an add-on in the Myth JM Kickstarter.:

Hunter

Myth Journeyman Kickstarter Heroes (one in each of the JM expansion boxes, along with JM cards for the respective hero plus the 5 base heroes):

Swashbuckler
Outsider

Myth Journeyman Kickstarter "extra" Heroes with JM cards (not released yet):

Alchemist
Monk (Kickstarter Exclusive)

Myth: Dark Frontier (NOT compatible with Myth, but uses a similar theme, and can use the Myth miniatures) Kickstarter Myth Promo Hero (I am hoping that this hero will be offered again and with a female sculpt, too).:

Swordsworn (only the male figure but also had the JM cards)

NOTE: Most of these heroes (and their Journeyman versions and cards) were available to add on during the Myth: Journeyman Kickstarter, so it is possible that they will be made available again in a future Myth Kickstarter, but we can't be certain about the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Trickster itself was exclusive to KS, so the figures will never be released retail. The cards were released, so you could play as them but just proxy the mini.

Although if you got in on Dark Frontier, the Trickster was an unlocked hero, so you'd get the alt-gender mini from that, I suppose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
The Trickster itself was exclusive to KS, so the figures will never be released retail. The cards were released, so you could play as them but just proxy the mini.

Although if you got in on Dark Frontier, the Trickster was an unlocked hero, so you'd get the alt-gender mini from that, I suppose...

Also; because the Trickster was given to every backer in the first campaign; there is a good chance that you can find him in the secondary markets like eBay.

Whenever the next KS in the Myth line appears; you're likely to have the ability to add on old heroes as was the case in the Myth: Journeyman campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In general the actual heroes designed to come in the box are a lot more thought out than the kickstarter ones. Hunter didn't even have starter equipment (and he/she needed them badly).

I guess if you're an expert, by all means try the others, but they're not better than the standard heroes (they're probably harder to play and not as powerful). They are interesting in some cases (Spriggan for instance).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebus
Germany
flag msg tools
There are just a few points I'd like to add to Jude's list that seem to be not entirely correct as far as I can remember.
Jude wrote:
Myth Kickstarter "expansion" Heroes (these were available retail for a while, but with the 1.0 decks -- I suspect they will be available at the Megacon website with their 2.0 decks later -- the decks are a free download at the company website):

Trickster
Spriggan
Skald

The Skald has indeed been available retail (you could at least buy it at their own site).

I don't think that the Trickster and the Spriggan were available retail though. They have both been labeled as Kickstarter exclusive since the first Kickstarter after all. The cards have only been released on their site because many backers asked for them.
I'm quite sure that people will be able to pick them up during future Myth Kickstarters (and probably at conventions, but that I'm not sure of).

Jude wrote:
Myth Journeyman Kickstarter "extra" Heroes (not released yet):

Alchemist
Monk

The Monk is also marked as Kickstarter exclusive. Chances are that people will have to wait for the next Kickstarter (or will have to pick them up on ebay or somewhere else).

Jude wrote:
Myth: Dark Frontier (NOT compatible with Myth, but uses a similar theme, and can use the Myth miniatures) Kickstarter-only Myth Promo Hero:

Swordsworn (only the male figure but also had the JM cards)

This hero is (according to the Kickstarter page) not Kickstarter-only. So this one might make his appearance on the Megacon store (and retail?) in the future.
There have been Kickstarter exclusive Hero cards in the Dark Frontier Kickstarter though. They will probably be available in future Myth Kickstarters like the other exclusives (apart from the ones from the Recon Kickstarter that is...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
justsomefool is right. I edited my comment, above, to correct it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.