Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Caverna: Cave vs Cave» Forums » General

Subject: Two player game vs Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¿¿¿
Australia
The Most Liveable City In The World
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...


It was announced very recently, what sounds are you hearing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...

I for one have no plans to get Caverna, but I would probably give this 2 player version much more consideration. In fact, I am probably going to purchase it based on the strength of the other 2 player Uwe games (not including Hengist I hear). I am very glad it is not an expansion.
27 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
Joakley815 wrote:
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...

I for one have no plans to get Caverna, but I would probably give this 2 player version much more consideration. In fact, I am probably going to purchase it based on the strength of the other 2 player Uwe games (not including Hengist I hear). I am very glad it is not an expansion.



+1
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¿¿¿
Australia
The Most Liveable City In The World
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...


It was announced very recently, what sounds are you hearing?

I wasn't referring to a comparison between the two, I don't think people expected a 2 player version. I am asking overall in the long run, it seems an expansion would be nicer.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm mostly wondering if it will be comparable to Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbus wrote:
I'm mostly wondering if it will be comparable to Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small


My guess is that while ACBAS focused on animal husbandry, this will narrow in on filling your cave with rooms, pets, and tiny dwarves.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paprike wrote:
mpalframan wrote:
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...


It was announced very recently, what sounds are you hearing?

I wasn't referring to a comparison between the two, I don't think people expected a 2 player version. I am asking overall in the long run, it seems an expansion would be nicer.


Gotcha. Well, there's nothing that says the existence of a two-player version and an expansion are mutually exclusive. Caverna may still get one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Caverna will not get expansion. Uwe said so to Tom Vasel.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
Caverna will not get expansion. Uwe said so to Tom Vasel.


As somebody who doesn't own Caverna yet (and primarily plays two player), I'm pleasantly surprised to see Höhle gegen Höhle announced.

That said, if I had purchased Caverna in the past, I'd probably want an expansion, if for no other reason than to increase the per game variability (i.e. the one reason I have passed on Caverna over the years). I really consider it a failure in the design that everything is on offer in every game.

I may still purchase the full version, but I'm cautiously optimistic Höhle gegen Höhle will offer enough depth and refinement to win my heart instead.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would expect that you'll get a good look at C:CvC during the GAMA broadcasts (I have a proto copy of the game that I've been playing with for a few weeks). I will also have it with me at PAX East, and might be convinced to put it on a table during slow times.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Collen
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'll at least be able to convince my wife to try Caverna now
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¿¿¿
Australia
The Most Liveable City In The World
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
I would expect that you'll get a good look at C:CvC during the GAMA broadcasts (I have a proto copy of the game that I've been playing with for a few weeks). I will also have it with me at PAX East, and might be convinced to put it on a table during slow times.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations

Exciting to hear! I hope someone makes sure to ask then

I enjoy playing Caverna as a two player, I am curious as to what makes this more appealing for people? I haven't played Agricola/ACBAS so I wonder how the focus shifts...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Caverna to open for two players. The other issue is that the box contains way too much unused material if you only play two players and you end up paying quite a lot for the game, so it's not such a good investment from that point of view.
So yes, I'm excited about Hohle gene Hohle!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanders
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paprike wrote:
AlexYeager wrote:
I would expect that you'll get a good look at C:CvC during the GAMA broadcasts (I have a proto copy of the game that I've been playing with for a few weeks). I will also have it with me at PAX East, and might be convinced to put it on a table during slow times.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations

Exciting to hear! I hope someone makes sure to ask then

I enjoy playing Caverna as a two player, I am curious as to what makes this more appealing for people? I haven't played Agricola/ACBAS so I wonder how the focus shifts...


Cheaper, faster to play and takes up less table space.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would much rather have a 2 player version over an expansion. Agricola: ACBaS is one of my favorites so hopefully this continues the trend.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stumbled across this and I am Beyond excited. I have wanted this game for so long (original), but it seemed like a lot (time) for a two player game. After experiencing Agricola: ACBaS and falling in love with it, we held onto hope that the same would happen for Caverna. So happy. Now when does it come out
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Phelan
United States
Lake Waukomis
Missouri
flag msg tools
My wife and I just randomly remove half of the available buildings each game and it adds a lot of variability.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Piccadilly wrote:
Joakley815 wrote:
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...

I for one have no plans to get Caverna, but I would probably give this 2 player version much more consideration. In fact, I am probably going to purchase it based on the strength of the other 2 player Uwe games (not including Hengist I hear). I am very glad it is not an expansion.

+1

+2
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:
Joakley815 wrote:
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...

I for one have no plans to get Caverna, but I would probably give this 2 player version much more consideration. In fact, I am probably going to purchase it based on the strength of the other 2 player Uwe games (not including Hengist I hear). I am very glad it is not an expansion.

+1

+2

+3
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Caverna and now I'm glad all of you have a version you can enjoy too. heart
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
deserteagle2525 wrote:
Annowme wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:
Joakley815 wrote:
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...

I for one have no plans to get Caverna, but I would probably give this 2 player version much more consideration. In fact, I am probably going to purchase it based on the strength of the other 2 player Uwe games (not including Hengist I hear). I am very glad it is not an expansion.

+1

+2

+3



Well... +4
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor McDowall
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
deserteagle2525 wrote:
Annowme wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:
Joakley815 wrote:
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...

I for one have no plans to get Caverna, but I would probably give this 2 player version much more consideration. In fact, I am probably going to purchase it based on the strength of the other 2 player Uwe games (not including Hengist I hear). I am very glad it is not an expansion.

+1

+2

+3



Well... +4


+5 -I just thought I'd get in there before I needed both hands to count it on.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love ACBAS, so I have high hopes for CvsC and am very excited to hear the news!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dylan benton
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BoredGameGiik wrote:
SapoLJackson wrote:
deserteagle2525 wrote:
Annowme wrote:
Piccadilly wrote:
Joakley815 wrote:
Paprike wrote:
Interesting to hear of the two player conversion, from the sounds of things I think most people would rather prefer an expansion...

I for one have no plans to get Caverna, but I would probably give this 2 player version much more consideration. In fact, I am probably going to purchase it based on the strength of the other 2 player Uwe games (not including Hengist I hear). I am very glad it is not an expansion.

+1

+2

+3



Well... +4


+5 -I just thought I'd get in there before I needed both hands to count it on.



-6. This game looks interesting but I want more Caverna. Can't my dreams come true and Uwe make this both an expansion with more tiles for the base game and a two player stand alone?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.