Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Just got my copy and....the stickers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK so I unboxed it and didn't read through the rules in detail but didn't see anything quite there regarding the Action Pawn Stickers.

So I messed up and only now figured out that the Action Pawns are double-sided for the female and male side (I stuck the same on both sides, duh).

I guess the lack of some content comes due to the fact that some of it's actually promotional.

But what's with the dog? Why does The Hunting Dog have two stickers? And Friday? Was it also a mistake sticking them on both sides?

Also, what promotional content is included in this edition aside from the King Island scenario and the Hunting Dog?

I can't find the Trait Cards anywhere, or those Beast Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Richmond
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday and the Dog are meant to be double sided. Action pawns are one sided. Why? I have no clue lol.

Personally, I left off the character stickers because I didn't want to assign colors to characters. My box came with the Sailor character so I would have to use another character's pawns for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djr423 wrote:
Friday and the Dog are meant to be double sided. Action pawns are one sided. Why? I have no clue lol.

Personally, I left off the character stickers because I didn't want to assign colors to characters. My box came with the Sailor character so I would have to use another character's pawns for it.

You got another character???

I tried using the fan to peel off the stickers (saw a suggestion online); it's nowhere nearly warm enough, I'd guess (which is good or my hair would've been fried upon usage).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Deever
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once their store is back up and running, I think you can purchase new stickers fairly cheap. Also, I believe I saw stickers for the new characters. I plan to pretty much buy everything this game has to offer if the store is ever back online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravepig wrote:
Once their store is back up and running, I think you can purchase new stickers fairly cheap. Also, I believe I saw stickers for the new characters. I plan to pretty much buy everything this game has to offer if the store is ever back online.

Oh...so the Hunting Dog is the only promo content I got?

They better sell extra Action Tokens for that new character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an early release 2nd edition package for brick and mortar stores that included the spyglass (x8), sailor (x8) and poachers scenario (x2). Most stores probably gave out the promos to the early buyers. A friend of mine received the spyglass and sailor with her copy.

The Portal store did sell two sticker packs -- one for the main game and one for the Beagle expansion. The Beagle sticker pack also included the sailor stickers and two additional wooden disks (one for the sailor and one for the missionary character in the Beagle). Last time I was able to check the portal store it seemed the Beagle sticker pack had been out of stock for a long time.

I think both sticker packs are in the file section here and used to be on Portal's website (not sure if still there), if you want to make your own.

I have never seen a sticker for the hunting dog. I guess you just use the normal dog pawn and sticker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
OK so I unboxed it and didn't read through the rules in detail but didn't see anything quite there regarding the Action Pawn Stickers.

So I messed up and only now figured out that the Action Pawns are double-sided for the female and male side (I stuck the same on both sides, duh).

I did the same thing. Used a hairdryer and some tweezers to fix it. Seems like the problem is solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodzilla68 wrote:
Sargeras777 wrote:

I did the same thing. Used a hairdryer and some tweezers to fix it. Seems like the problem is solved.

How long did you blow with it?

Maybe mine's too weak.

I'm considering using very hot water for the steam effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're lucky. I didn't get anything with mine. I received 7 scenarios as normal. No sailor, no hunting dog. I feel short changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
Rodzilla68 wrote:
Sargeras777 wrote:

How long did you blow with it?

Maybe mine's too weak.

I'm considering using very hot water for the steam effect.

Not long. Set the dryer on high. Used my fingernail to peel a little back (probably should have used a razor blade instead) and then blew on it for about 30 seconds and then pulled it off with the tweezers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, does anyone feel hilarious that this stickers make the Jenny rescue scenario...a bit odd?

There are no more neutral Pawns (for Friday or The Hunting Dog) with the Stickers, so you have to go pretending Jenny's either really a man or an animal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Shapley
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it wasn't just me then! I wrote to Portal about my cock-up and a set of stickers arrived in the post on Saturday. Great customer service by the Portal team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria Vilensky
Israel
flag msg tools
mb
Happened to me too, and Portal sent me a replacement sticker sheet right away. Excellent customer service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.