Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cerberus Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Skelton
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

I am not sure if we are using the Cerberus attack correctly.
It says he can make 3 separate attacks, I know he can attack 3 different heroes as long as he attack the primary target first, but wondering if he can attack the same target 3 separate times. Or even attack 1 hero once then another hero twice.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have been playing he can attack the same hero three separate times or the attacking hero once and another twice. Basically once you attack the attacking hero first, you are free to use the last two attacks as you please.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skelts_22 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am not sure if we are using the Cerberus attack correctly.
It says he can make 3 separate attacks, I know he can attack 3 different heroes as long as he attack the primary target first, but wondering if he can attack the same target 3 separate times. Or even attack 1 hero once then another hero twice.

Thanks!


Does the card say "3 DIFFERENT heroes"? If so, then no, you cannot attack the same hero 3 separate times. That would would be 3 different hero 1 time. It would be 1 hero 3 times.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Skelton
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
No it just says 3 separate attacks, but the first attack must be on the primary target.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skelts_22 wrote:
No it just says 3 separate attacks, but the first attack must be on the primary target.


I'll check the card when I get home. I'm at work and don't have it in front of me at the moment.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isai Vela
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This same question came up during CMON Expo, and we were told by the game master that the first attack goes to the attacking hero. The other two can go wherever (if range allows). Basically what JavaGammer said.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
isterbunny wrote:
This same question came up during CMON Expo, and we were told by the game master that the first attack goes to the attacking hero. The other two can go wherever (if range allows). Basically what JavaGammer said.


Correct. I checked the card last night and it says something very similar to "at least the first attack must target the activated hero".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a payback attack? Is that also 3 attacks?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ridley
United Kingdom
Glasgow
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all
badge
Play Pinball
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to know this as it seems awfully powerful.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dreadknot69 wrote:
What about a payback attack? Is that also 3 attacks?


Yes, when Cerberus attacks, it gets 3 attacks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Major monsters in Inferno tends to be more powerful than in base AQ, I reckon. The hell cat is respawned after being killed.

For Ceberus, I think the best way to kill them is using magic/range weapons. This actually provide interesting dynamic, somewhat weakening melee attack and ganging up action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.