Subject: 3-Player rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found this game to be a little less interesting for three players. The elimination of one of the premier spaces and one of the slots (that you'd get in a five player game) is not enough to keep the competitive tension up in the bidding.

I'd propose the following minor change for three players:

Remove 3 Slots banks from the game,
Remove 2 Lounges from the game, and
Remove 1 Restaurant from the game, prior to the start of play.

This only makes a minor difference, but it does increase the scarcity of these pieces a little. Otherwise, you never run out of them at all with only three players.

In fact, you could even remove more than what I've specified.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Viney
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook, 1st paragraph under setup:

"Stack the Restaurant, Lounge, and Slots tiles face up on the spaces marked for them. If you're playing with three players, remove three tiles on each of those stacks from the game."

Are you suggesting removing additional tiles in addition to the ones specified in the rules? I just played 5 player for the first time yesterday and it was a lot tighter than 3 player. I had considered increasing the number of basic tiles removed to 4 or 5 of each. Have you tried this yet?

Shawn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.