Logan Browne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I am quite a creative persona and play a lot of board games. I would like to find someone or a group of people to knock some ideas around with and get a little feed back and maybe even find someone to maybe one day take the idea to the next stage with.

I know its everyone's dream to make their own board game and for a lot of people it doesn't often happen. but if you don't try you'll never know.

so if you are like me and have some ideas but you're not sure where to go next hit me up id love to hear your ideas and maybe we can talk some ideas through and try and take it somewhere.

Thanks Logan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Participate in the various contests run over on the Board Game Design forums. They often give constraints to work within, a theme, parts limits or something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Browne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
kind new to the whole forum thing! what kind of contests do you mean?

Thanks Logan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lampeter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at Forums>>Board Game Design>>Design Contests. There are usually multiple contests going on at once. They generally run for a couple months to give people a chance to get feedback and improve their games, then participants and play testers vote and winners receive geek gold for prizes. They are really fashioned around the creative process, and most participants are more focussed on improving the design process for themselves and others than they are on winning prizes.

I recommend the9-card nanogame contest for starters. It really lets you start small to hone your skills, and the ink/paper commitment to try out the other designs is low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcomeblanklogan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen Hendrix
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Since you're in the UK, a great place to start would be a Playtest UK meetup. They have regular events all over the country:

https://www.meetup.com/Playtest/events/

It's a great place to meet other (aspiring) designers. You don't need to bring a prototype or anything, you can just chat game design and/or play other people's ideas.

I run a similar playtesting event every 6 weeks in Liverpool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akira Kato
Canada
flag msg tools
If you ever want to bounce ideas off someone, feel free to send me a message! I find the best way to create game ideas is to set constraints. People often say great ideas come to you over time but if you don't feel like waiting for a moment of brilliance, set some constraints and treat it like problem solving. Once I have some ideas, I usually contact my friends who are also into game design, and bounce ideas off of them. Most of my final products are 50% my concepts and the rest is feedback from friends and play testers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathryn D
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be more than willing to bounce ideas around too. I tend to have lots of ideas but struggle with the nuts and bolts figuring out with a group would be a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.