Subject: Styles, Personality and Gameplay of each Character? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Teixeira
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Please, say your knowledge about the characters that are allowed to know till now - their mechanics and their flow. For example, Picket would be more about defense and prolonged actions, etc.

Another Subject: How much will cost to ship to Europe later on the website of CTG? The same that the pre-order? The add-ons will be available again on the website? When?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Ahlstrøm Meyn Mathiassen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Styles, Personality and Gameplay of each Character
If you are asking a question then please add a question mark to the title. Otherwise, others may think that you wrote a post about the styles, personality, and gameplay of each character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Teixeira
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorge -

I'd recommend you check out the videos we've posted here and on YouTube. There's an overview of most of the Gearlocs, with one on Patches and Boomer coming soon. These videos walk you through pretty much everything about each of the characters in terms of playstyle.

As for the future - yes the shipping should remain roughly the same for EU folks, and Add-ons will be available in the future :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jorge! I can't speak to the shipping piece and I'm sure Ghille or one of the Carlsons will pick that up.

As for the characters, I can say a bit about the 4 base characters. Below could be labeled as a spoiler since not all characters have been shown by Chip Theory Games yet, but if you've seen all the videos out there, my comments shouldn't be a surprise.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You're correct in Picket. He is the tankier Gearloc. His skills are based on melee attacks and he actually receives buffs for rolling his defense. Bones will allow for different shield abilities. His innate ability allows you to buff your defense right away and hopefully absorb several hits before you even get a chance to swing at the enemy.

Boomer is full on DPS. In one turn I witnessed Boomer deal out 6 damage! One was to a fellow Gearloc due to the grenade she threw, but that's the beauty of the game. You need to be strategic in how, where, and when to use different abilities. Boomer needs to gather resources in order to use these powerful abilities though.

Tantrum was a cool little Gearloc. He's focused on his RAGE skill. Hits and wounds will spin this die up. Getting to the top of his RAGE meter will result in powerful attacks that can insta-kill baddies based on the level of the RAGE die. He starts with no defense, so he needs to be careful who he's lined up across from, but he can dish out heavy single target attacks! Kills will up his body count resulting in added benefits for Tantrum as well.

Lastly, Patches is a strong healer or potential for damage over time (DOT)with poisons. He is able to put DOTs on baddies with his poisons and different abilities. His heals came into play heavily during the game I played. His ability to heal was crucial to us surviving long enough to take out all the baddies.

The other Gearlocs didn't hit the table when I played, but they each bring their own set of abilities, strategies, and unique benefits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Shradnick

Scranton
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bone Head
mbmbmbmbmb
Need boomer

Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
Jorge -

I'd recommend you check out the videos we've posted here and on YouTube. There's an overview of most of the Gearlocs, with one on Patches and Boomer coming soon. These videos walk you through pretty much everything about each of the characters in terms of playstyle.

As for the future - yes the shipping should remain roughly the same for EU folks, and Add-ons will be available in the future :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mpgrunt wrote:
Need boomer

Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
Jorge -

Boomer added to our YouTube channel last night, currently awaiting BGG approval for posting here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.