13 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Card quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game around when it came out in the US.
I love it, but I've only been able to play it maybe 10 times.
I as of yet haven't sleeved my cards, but they have been used carefully.
However, after getting back to the game after it was sitting for 5 months, I noticed that the coloring on the edges of the backs of the Empire hand cards is already wearing off. If you look close enough, you can tell which are the hand cards and which aren't.
I don't understand how this is possible. The game has barely been played and well treated.
Has anyone else had a similar problem? Would the FFG sleeves hide the wearing on the edges? Would FFG be willing to replace these cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking those wouldn't be marked up by skin oil/food residue/water from washing off those things...not great.

Some number of cards is handled MUCH more than the others. This is the sort of game that requires sleeves. Or not. See if ffg replaces them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if the OP got his cards replaced by the manufacturer, but I doubt it will happen. It really just sounds like normal wear and tear, even though it's been only 10 games. While the cardstock is not especially "premium", it is standard/average. Having to sleeve your games can be a pain and an added expense, but it is good advice, especially for games that get shuffled alot or handled alot by others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miljenko Murkovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't get cards replaced, you can always buy opaque sleeves and you are good to go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miljenko wrote:
If you don't get cards replaced, you can always buy opaque sleeves and you are good to go

Are there opaque sleeves that fit the Rebellion cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you shuffling? All decks of cards wear out eventually. Two packs of green and two packs of yellow sleeves cover the whole game. I don't sleeve all my games, but Rebellion was a gift so I sleeved it up and bought some trays to store the pieces in. Glad I did, it's a nice game worthy of pimping.

The cards get handled a lot in this game, it's only a matter of time before they start to show it. Get some opaque sleeves and you'll be OK.

Have you contacted FFG? I've never hit them up for replacement parts before, but I would be surprised if they replaced all your cards. Maybe they will...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found the quality to be similar to other FFG games, which I haven't had a problem with. I noticed after the first game, though, that these cards get a lot more direct handling than some games do, because there just aren't that many cards in the game. Bought sleeves right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did notice some wear after a number of playings, so I sleeved them. It's not noticeable from across the table, though, which is what really matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miljenko Murkovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CannonWolf wrote:
miljenko wrote:

I'm not sure for small battle cards... But for standard size, you have a lot of choices: Ultra Pro, Dragon shield, KMC Sleeves, even FFG. All have opaque sleeves in variety of colors.

EDIT: FFG has Star wars themed sleeves

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
miljenko wrote:
CannonWolf wrote:
miljenko wrote:

I'm not sure for small battle cards... But for standard size, you have a lot of choices: Ultra Pro, Dragon shield, KMC Sleeves, even FFG. All have opaque sleeves in variety of colors.

That is not the card size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miljenko Murkovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see your point.. I didn't realize that this 57.5x89mm size is so hard to find in opaque variant shake. Don't know why is that. Closest size I found is 59mm by 92mm (close enough??)

http://boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=953&name=100+black+...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Freedman
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a sleever, but I went ahead and sleeved the mission cards. As I feared, the "always in hand" mission cards might otherwise show wear before the others and affect gameplay.

I didn't sleeve anything but the mission/project cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmb
Just adding my 2 cents...

I'm also thinking about "sleeving" my Rebellion decks. I have played maybe 15 times over the last year, and the cards are definitely showing wear on the edges and corners.

I have many other games with cards/card games that have held up better that this.

Love the game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.