11 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need help understanding a sin card (pride) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
I'm not quite sure whether I got this card right or not.
Problem is that I only have a photo of the German card available.
It would probably be helpful if someone could link the English equivalent if possible.

So my question: What exactly happens when playing this card?
As far as I understood the sin draws a sin card and gets a reaction token for each hero being alone.
So if there are 4 heroes standing alone, the sin is being granted 4 additional reactions for the duration of the current round, right? That's quite a benefit in my opinion.

What about these 4 corruption? I'm afraid I didn't get that at all.
Do the heroes have the choice whether they let the sin grab said benefits or distribute 4 corruption instead (to whomever the player want them
to distribute)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the title of the card in English? I'll take a look at my copy once I have that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
"Fluch des Stolzes" literally means "curse of pride". But not sure if that's the actual name of the English card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curse of Ego
Drae a Sin card and gain a Reaction token for each lone Hero, unless Heroes collectivelly take 4 Corruption.

It's like you said: the heroes choose. Either they let you get te Reaction tokens, or they have to take 4 corruption, divided as they wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now that I read that card again, do you draw just 1 sin card, or a sin card for each lone hero?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume only 1 sin card, but I can see your point and why could someone understand it otherwise. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...I've always played it that the sin player gets both a sin card and a reaction token for each lone hero. But I can see the opposite side where it's one sin card no matter what and then also a reaction token for each lone hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke S.
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I've played it as drawing one sin card for each lone hero (as well as the reaction tokens). If it were meant to be otherwise, I feel like the wording should be more along the lines of "draw ONE sin card, and again a reaction token for each lone hero..."

Can't speak to the German version, but commas are important in English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
UsefulGrain2 wrote:

In german it is important too. And if it is the same in english and german (without comma or full stop), then yes I will play it as such: (1 card + 1 token) per lone hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UsefulGrain2 wrote:
I've played it as drawing one sin card for each lone hero (as well as the reaction tokens). If it were meant to be otherwise, I feel like the wording should be more along the lines of "draw ONE sin card, and again a reaction token for each lone hero..."

Fully agree with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UsefulGrain2 wrote:

I have to agree with this as well. Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.