4 Posts

Villages of Valeria: Monuments» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monument building rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yves SAZERAT
France
flag msg tools
I'm not sure to correctly understand this rule.

When you want to complete your monument, you have to pay the full Monument Resource cost in one time. Each required Resource must be paid :
- either by discarding one dedicated Resource Under the Monument
- or by spending gold on a developed Resource (in your Village or in an opponent Village)
- or with a special power granted by a Building or an Adventurer in your Village.

Is that right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
caranedhel wrote:

When you want to complete your monument, you have to pay the full Monument Resource cost in one time. Each required Resource must be paid :
- or by spending gold on a developed Resource (in your Village or in an opponent Village)
- or with a special power granted by a Building or an Adventurer in your Village.

Is that right ?

Yes. You build a Monument the same way you build a Building, except that you can pay by discarding dedicated Resources in addition to the other usual methods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rholzgrafe wrote:
caranedhel wrote:

Is that right ?

Yes. You build a Monument the same way you build a Building, except that you can pay by discarding dedicated Resources in addition to the other usual methods.

This is not how we played at all. I thought it took 6 turns to build a monument and that you had to discard a card from your hand after choosing the Develop phase and put it under the Monument until the resources were matched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw that the rules for building a moment were continued on the back side of the card. We need to play this again soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.