8 Posts

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blossom vs Heartless rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
If Blossom uses her ability to attack Heartless from an adjacent room, does Heartless effect of inflicting 2 wounds at start of combat still apply?

I think so since it's still combat right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no as "Combat is normally only with heroes that are in the same room. As you are not actually in the room, the normal combat rules wouldn't apply. The trade off is that you also don't get any rewards for killing a monster that is not in the same room as you (like using Blossom's ability)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this belong in the Arcadia Quest forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Carcking wrote:

Considering it's a question about a Masmorra character in a game of Masmorra, I don't think so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyndal wrote:
Carcking wrote:

Considering it's a question about a Masmorra character in a game of Masmorra, I don't think so?

Uh, quite right. I read the OP wrong and thought the question was about one hero attacking another hero. Doh! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that Yes it does. Combat is still combat. Even if it's from a different room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
DrProfHazzmatt wrote:
I would say that Yes it does. Combat is still combat. Even if it's from a different room.

Blossom hasn't been used in any of my games yet, but I'd probably play it how Trueflight suggested, as Blossom's ability doesn't mention combat, only that "Your <bow symbols> can hit an adjacent room. If a Monster is defeated that way, no Treasure Card is gained."

It would then mean every Monster's start of combat ability would have to be ignored if Blossom attacked them from an adjacent room, which makes sense if playing it this way. (It could be said that thematically she's acting as a sniper from afar).

Plus any monsters with the Quick Stab ability would also have to be ignored. I guess her ability is mitigated in that she doesn't earn a Treasure Card from these types of sniper attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Trueflight's take as well. Normal Combat effects are not triggered when sniping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.