Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well....good on them I guess:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-13/one-reaso...

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the transition to Waymo was flubbed. Also, the Google strategy of a few mapping cars running around is pretty clearly not going to collect the data tens of thousands of Tesla cars can collect: that's got to be frustrating to the team.

A lot of venture capitalists like founders to take out F-you money so they'll keep their eyes on the horizon instead of getting distracted by financials--and, no, a startup doesn't run quarter-to-quarter on financials.

The Google employees should have been emotionally committed to Waymo, but obviously they weren't. If they were unhappy enough to leave, in a sense, that's important information for Google (Alphabet). Better to know that now than in 2020 when the race is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.