Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Upcoming Epic Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, CEO of WWG, had a Reddit AMA today and mentioned this about Epic's next expansion:
"The next set for Epic will be 4 packs, like Tyrants and Uprising. We are very happy with the base set and think that is a great place for new players to start. We will introduce a new keyword mechanic in coming sets."

I was hoping to hear of a new 120card base set, but I am happy with more 4pack expansions and also still enjoying the freshness of Uprising. What I am really anxious for is new mechanics. Anyone have a guess or request as to which mechanics may show up in the next pack? Some ranged airborne killing champions and a pissed off giant minotaur perhaps!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Arnold
msg tools
mbmb
I'd be excited to see dual ally cards. For example, a good sage card that could be used to trigger loyalty two effects for both good and sage cards. Dual ally cards that cost a gold could also trigger ally abilities for both alliances simultaneously.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i like to see the "hunter" ability that you can target an enemy champion and force him to block you or some face down ability
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see non-champion permanents, like artifacts or enchantments. And multifaction cards too.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Steve SMASH!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm happy with whatever they do- they are producing a great product, and a great game. I'll buy whatever it ends up being
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like no-airbone Champions with the ability to block the airborne ones.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lurking Wolf
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mod_XXII wrote:
I'd like no-airbone Champions with the ability to block the airborne ones.


New keyword: Tall

:'D
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
no not tall but

Web :)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 4
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mapjection wrote:
Mod_XXII wrote:
I'd like no-airbone Champions with the ability to block the airborne ones.


New keyword: Tall

:'D

Old keyword: Range

From the Epic:TCG. Champions with range may block airborne champions and deal damage before champions without range.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I do want "Range".
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer S
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all for some ranged champions and would love multi faction for the new constructed deck possibilities that would open up.

In relation to this post I wanted to shine a light on two other Epic fans who have given me plenty of thoughts for speculation. For those who may not be aware:

gamjuven has a blog post in the vein of this topic which I enjoyed reading
http://amazingspidertank.blogspot.com/2017/01/epic-look-at-p...

ALSO

andrewkapish has a very in depth and intriguing two part post which actually informed me of the existence of the original Epic TCG back when I first got into the WWG revamped Epic.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1566367/past-and-future-epi...

Gotta love the BGG community for Epic
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at those older cards, it's amazing how crazily better is Epic artwork now.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
srcabeza wrote:
Looking at those older cards, it's amazing how crazily better is Epic artwork now.
This. Forever this.

- Nathan
(speaking as a fan)
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps with exception of Dark Leader - I think the old art was much better. I also do not get why the change (man instead of a woman)? IMO, the "dark, scheming and attractive" witch (or femme fatale) makes brilliant archetype here..

BTW, what about some alternate promo card in future? :-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ling
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'd like to point out that I'm not to sure that I'd like multi faction champions/events. Simply because I like that the game has a natural balance to it. each faction has the same number of cards, same number of gold cards same number of 0 cost cards. same number of rares, same number of commons. it pleases my OCD.

They have different numbers of events and champions, can't win em all I suppose

adding multi-faction cards would throw off the numbers somewhat, and could potentially balance things, and leave the game with more cards of one faction than another. I don't want the game to get 'evil heavy' or 'sage heavy' etc in any direction in even the slightest.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
link11020 wrote:
adding multi-faction cards would throw off the numbers somewhat, and could potentially balance things, and leave the game with more cards of one faction than another. I don't want the game to get 'evil heavy' or 'sage heavy' etc in any direction in even the slightest.


If that is your concern, FWIW I don't think adding multifaction cards will necessarily mean unbalance. You could have this for instance:

1 red/blue
1 blue/yellow
1 yellow/green
1 green/red

there you have it, exactly 2 cards for each faction. I can't check it out, but I bet that's how WWG did it in Star Realms: United.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ling
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
srcabeza wrote:
link11020 wrote:
adding multi-faction cards would throw off the numbers somewhat, and could potentially balance things, and leave the game with more cards of one faction than another. I don't want the game to get 'evil heavy' or 'sage heavy' etc in any direction in even the slightest.


If that is your concern, FWIW I don't think adding multifaction cards will necessarily mean unbalance. You could have this for instance:

1 red/blue
1 blue/yellow
1 yellow/green
1 green/red

there you have it, exactly 2 cards for each faction. I can't check it out, but I bet that's how WWG did it in Star Realms: United.



Then the problem with that is they would all have to be commons, or all rares. not to mention they would all have to have the same cost as well, in order to keep the balance. can you imagine if the blue/yellow champion was a rare 1 cost but the green/red event was a free common? suddenly balance goes out the window again.

And this is all before game-play balance.

I think an easier way to have 'multi faction' cards would be to have cards that have loyalty triggers off affiliation like an evil card that triggers off of sage cards. think of it as evil leaching off of the success of other groups, or Good getting aid from allies outside the realm. things like that. Once you do that, you could have a really interesting card. something with an ally trigger of all four? each one doing something different?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EI do think it is time for the new expansion.W

S
We
Want
Range
N
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't have Epic: Uprisingx4 in my hands. I have pre-ordered it somewhere around November, and since then my online-shop could not get hold of it (quite famous germany-located online shop http://fantasywelt.de) ...

What's going on?

Ranged (aka can shoot Airborne) sounds great.

I'd like some bluffing aspects (aka face down cards that always cost 1 gold) maybe
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ionas wrote:
I still don't have Epic: Uprisingx4 in my hands. I have pre-ordered it somewhere around November, and since then my online-shop could not get hold of it (quite famous germany-located online shop http://fantasywelt.de) ...

What's going on?

Ranged (aka can shoot Airborne) sounds great.

I'd like some bluffing aspects (aka face down cards that always cost 1 gold) maybe


Ich hab es für €25 bei Brave New World bestellt incl Versand einfach per Email. Das war vorletzte Woche...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.