BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Dice Tower Con 2017 - alternative hotel ?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Wicklein
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey, just signed myself and my 12 year old son up for dicetower con...
since budget is small i probably wont be able to stay in the actual convention hotel... can anyone suggest a good (clean) cheap close alternative?

what major benefits does it have to stay at the convention hotel, besides the convenience to not have to drive...

Thank

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$129 is pretty tough to beat by much. But I guess there a good many motels and such in Orlando. But it's been years since I stayed there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pope
United States
Bloomfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try out Airbnb, but the cheapest, nice place I was able to find in the area was around $90-100/night. Plus you have to consider that getting an uber to the convention everyday will eat at those savings. Also since there are mini fridges at the hotels and having a room onsite it's very easy to go to a local corner store or grocery store and stock up on cheap snacks to have in your room instead of paying for expensive food.

Just like what Jay said you can try a cheap motel, but you always have to consider Uber, inconvenience, and eating to cut into your savings. I usually will take the cheap road for things, but this is one where I wouldn't go about doing so unless if I could find a way to save at least $75/day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Wicklein
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mmhhh... Why Uber...?

Cant you park at the convention hotel somewhere?
I have my car with me...

I have seen some 3 out of 5 star rated hotels like 2 miles from there...
That "seem" fine for like $50 a night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brehm
United States
Sanford
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which hotels were the three stars for $50 per night? I'm looking to plan for next year. To see if there is a feasible alternative hotel. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kahan
United States
Annandale
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brehm77 wrote:
Which hotels were the three stars for $50 per night? I'm looking to plan for next year. To see if there is a feasible alternative hotel. Thanks!

There's a Quality Inn near by that we booked for Monday and Tuesday for about that price... can let you know how it is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.