Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Update (15/03/2017: I've included the updates that crusader lord has made to his quests (enemy cards and quest cards) as well as the new hero, the priestess (created by dr. nightmare)

Warhammer ACG Heroes and Monsters 1.1

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7i6s1paukj5yrk7/Warhammer%20ACG%20...

---------------------------------

hey folks, was just looking through some of the great work on here. I was thinking of opening up GIMP and taking the images from the pdf's and organizing them into folders (pictures resized to scale using templates from game crafter.)

Ideally what it'd look like is:
Folder 1 = Fronts of large cards
Folder 2 = Backs of large cards
Folder 3 = fronts of mini cards
Folder 4 = backs of mini cards
Folder 5 = Fronts of quests/delves
Folder 6 = Backs of quests/delves

and the cards would be simply named like:
all fronts "1/1" or "card in folder/Matching back"

all backs simply "1" to correspond to the cards in the front folders.

Simply to arrange it so it'd be easy to plunk into whatever print on demand site that your using.

And then do the same thing for the quest/delve cards

And from there you'd simply plunk them into whatever site your using (gamecrafter/artscow/printerstudio/etc.) and have some pretty high quality cards coming your way to add to your game)

Quality wise, apart from making sure at least all of the matching backs used the same graphic (this would personally be enough for me) it could be nice to add some effects to whatever cards we add from the collection on this site so that they match up better (might as well if your payingt o get them printed)

Otherwise for logistics stuffs....I've went on printerstudio and grabbed these prices:
9.45 - up to 54 mini cards (for the loot/items/effects/etc.)
13.80 - up to 54 bridge (for the monsters/characters/etc.)
18.40 - up to 72 bridge
23.00 - up to 90 bridge
27.60 - up to 108 bridge
5" x 7x cards - about 2$ each (for quests/delves) *kind of overpriced. might just be best to keep a copy that's convenient to print out at home*

You might be able to use this to organize this hypothetical fan expansion pack. You'd choose what price point your aiming for and hand pick some stuff to fit into it.

that's it for now, just leaving it here until someone chimes in or i get some time to sink into this. Could potentially make something nice! I could see some more heroes/monsters/quests to have around could make a cool little warhammer quest adventure toy box to keeep packed around xD

I've recently done this for space hulk death angel and the quality of the prints was pretty tight! though unfortunately the quality of my images was pretty low (grabbing them out of a vassal module) though, the quality/resolution of these forum cards seem to be just right for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Yorkston
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I voted for Kodos
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be wonderful! As someone who has never done print on demand because it just seems too hard to figure out and assemble a deck, this would get me over the hump.

I'll be following this thread and I hope you find the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernardo Gonzalez
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be amazing is if it can be submitted to ArtCow or CowCow. That way we can buy it already printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
hmm...I have a feeling that having the template purchasable from the printing site might be pushing the copyright thing a bit.

Otherwise I've got a rough idea of what i might put together, considering the following:
-Quests with new creatures, for monster variety. Stuff to shuffle in and out of the game whether your doing delves or doing campaigns.
-Heroes (along with a potential reskin of the 2 OOP heroes that i know some are working on)
-Will probably dedicate a section for other quests that use base game assets as well as any delve quest cards for convenience.

So far what i've found looks like:

Tier 1 Quest
Lair of Spiders (Crusader)
Labrinth of the minotaur (Crusader)
The Lost Forge (Crusader)
The Tomb Queen (TSTyle)

Tier 2 Quest
Tomb of the Undead (Crusader
Lustrian Troubles (TSTyle)

Tier 3 Quest
The Twisted Tower (TSTyle)
The Desolate North (TSTyle)

Heroes
Norse Raider (Tstyle)
Empire Greatsword Tstyle)
Bretonnian Questing Knight Tstyle)
Barbarian (Dr. Nightmare)
-Troll Slayer Reskin (maybe)
-Witch Hunter Reskin (maybe)

-------------

Suppose from here it's a matter of considering how the quests/heroes and the like have been balanced. Perhaps even waiting a bit for the gang to work out the kinks before finishing the compilation (could be a good time to test them, though they do look quite nice as is )

Another idea would be to just make the hero loot cards just regular sized to save on money (I think theres only 21 mini cards you'd use at max with all of the community stuff i've found) Still got to look at all of the stuff to work out exactly how many cards would be added. but it would mainly consist of monsters and heroes to suppliment the new quest cards. Still got to find a solution for these...though perhaps since were only dealing with the regular sized cards and something that'll fit in the quest plastic bag, that could be alot simpler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Link to the site im referencing: http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/bridge-size-custom...

Just did the counting on all of them. From the ones listed there would be 206 cards if i did my counting correctly.

Going from printerstudio.com it should probably cost around
55.20$ for a 216 card deck. This would leave us with 10 cards to do whatever we wanted with. Ideas may include:
-Making random character selection cards (exactly 10 characters including base set) you just shuffle the cards, deal em, and each player gets there character cards after.
-Making instruction cards or components lists for the expansions.

Otherwise...You could try to trim off some of the stuff here to try to reach the 198 card deck (50.60$) or even the 180 card deck (46$)

This isn't even taking into account the questing sheets, if you wanted print them off of this site and have it all sent to you in one package (with the cards) or if you just wanted to print of the quest/delve sheets seperate (can imagine this being the most sensible).

Tier 1
Labrinth of the minotaur (Crusader) *4 cards
The Lost Forge (Crusader) *8 cards
The Tomb Queen (TSTyle) *22 cards
Lair of the Spiders (Crusader) *4 cards

Tier 2
Tomb of the Undead (Crusader) *5 cards
Lustrian Troubles (TSTyle) *25 cards

Tier 3
The Twisted Tower (TSTyle) *28 cards
The Desolate North (TSTyle) *26 cards

Heroes *14 cards each
Norse Raider (TStyle)
Empire Greatsword (TStyle)
Bretonnian Questing Knight (TStyle)
Troll Slayer Reskin (?)
Witch Hunter Reskin (?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
anjovi154 wrote:
Link to the site im referencing: http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/bridge-size-custom...

Just did the counting on all of them. From the ones listed there would be 206 cards if i did my counting correctly.

Going from printerstudio.com it should probably cost around
55.20$ for a 216 card deck. This would leave us with 10 cards to do whatever we wanted with. Ideas may include:
-Making random character selection cards (exactly 10 characters including base set) you just shuffle the cards, deal em, and each player gets there character cards after.
-Making instruction cards or components lists for the expansions.

Otherwise...You could try to trim off some of the stuff here to try to reach the 198 card deck (50.60$) or even the 180 card deck (46$)

This isn't even taking into account the questing sheets, if you wanted print them off of this site and have it all sent to you in one package (with the cards) or if you just wanted to print of the quest/delve sheets seperate (can imagine this being the most sensible).

Tier 1
Labrinth of the minotaur (Crusader) *4 cards
The Lost Forge (Crusader) *8 cards
The Tomb Queen (TSTyle) *22 cards
Lair of the Spiders (Crusader) *4 cards

Tier 2
Tomb of the Undead (Crusader) *5 cards
Lustrian Troubles (TSTyle) *25 cards

Tier 3
The Twisted Tower (TSTyle) *28 cards
The Desolate North (TSTyle) *26 cards

Heroes *14 cards each
Norse Raider (TStyle)
Empire Greatsword (TStyle)
Bretonnian Questing Knight (TStyle)
Troll Slayer Reskin (?)
Witch Hunter Reskin (?)

So I know nothing about how all this works. Would you or someone else have to upload the files in question, do layout, etc.? And then anyone could come along and buy them? I'd certainly buy a nicely printed version of all these. Is there something the community could do to make the process easier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
If you lay them out in a file, then they could be printed on cardstock.

For me, the challenge is alignment, sequencing, etc., so this project sounds amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Basically what it would look like is a rar. file with all of the cards seperated by folders, as opposed to a large pdf were images are laid out to be printed on a home printer.
The way these pod sites work is that you input each individual card so having individual files that are conviniently organized would go a long ways in streamlining this process.

It'll still be a bit of manual work on the users part (inputting 216 cards + the associated back parts and then making sure that each of the cards is tied to the proper back)

To get a better idea: go here http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/bridge-size-custom...

and tick off '216 cards' and go to 'personalize it'

This will give you an idea of what to expect and give some context to why i'd be laying it out this way.

You'd upload the the images in batches (hence the folders) and then you'd have to go through the cards, dropping in the back sides so that they match up with the cards properly) The number system 1/1, 2/1, etc. would just be there to let you know that your associating the right cards with the right backs as you went on.

Hope this isn't too confusing..hehe, might clear things up in case folks are getting the wrong impression.

I know theres something their about "selling your layout" or whatever, assumedly so others wouldn't have to go through the same trouble as you, but i think that's their for the user to monotize, which opens a whole lot of doors to nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Test with front of card (notice how big the images are, this is to make them more compatible with printerstudio...still not sure if i'm doing overkill, afraid i dont know too much about this stuff...only that low resolution is a no-no!

Card "Front 1 Back 2

Card "Back 2

Test with card art inputted in printerstudio (without any fiddling with the sites cropping tool *fit image in other words* If you look close you can see the card image fits in the borders of the card, the black is just to reduce the jarring misprint effect *instead of getting white outlines you get black*)

The without any fiddling part might not seem important, but when you get to uploading up to 216 different cards onto the site the idea of not having to fiddle around with the card cropping is a good one

Though with the 2 pictures i've uploaded you should be able to try it out for yourself and see if the quality is acceptable to be spending your money on.

My main gripe would be that the monster cards won't quite match the base sets monster backs (I really have no idea how i could make them match 100%) Though the draw here will be the ability to shuffle them with eachother easily.

Though i've just got the system setup, so whichever cards i'm going to do can just be inputted and (rescaled + moved to fit the template in my GIMP file)

I'm currently using:
Sizes for Layer border (in pixels)
1496x2244

Sizes of the cards within the layers (I.E what i resize my selection after selecting the cards themselves.
1314x2037

From there I match them to a template that i've had centered in the image. This ensures that all of the cards will line up. Thankfully the backs of the cards are simple..just do it once! Though i'm thinking of having copies of each back image to match the front image (if your uploading all of your images in batches....you'll see how this could save time if your on printerstudio, not having to reference something to make sure things line up....just plunking them in is the most work i'd want to see folks doing.

Otherwise the way i got the images into gimp was by opening the pdf and going to: edit>>>>>Take a snapshot>>>Select a border around what i wanted to nab. It automatically copies the selection and i just hit ctrl-V into the layer in GIMP. For the images in png/jpeg/etc. what you could do is just open them in paint and individually nab them out in a similar manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
So as of now I've got copies of the troll slayer and the witch hunter ready. They work on printerstudio, though i'm going to have to rescale them all to fit on thegamecrafter. Not sure what other sites are really good for bridge cards, so if you reference some sites i'll try them out.

I'm thinking even if the batch i make is only compatible with printerstudio, as long as i keep the pictures aligned and the same size in gimp, I can figure out some way to rescale them all simultaneously and add black backgrounds to them all and export them all in an easy way so it shouldn't be too much trouble down the road.

Otherwise All i could find on printer studio for the quest cards was there "wedding cards" there 5x7 inches and cost about 2$ a piece (yuck xD) So I might just resort to printing them out on paper for myself, though i might scale them to that size just incase anyone wants to do it through printer studio.

Otherwise, if anyone wants to lend a hand, they could make suggestions. I was also interested in seeing about updating the quest cards that don't have proper (rewards/penalties) incase players wanted to shuffle them into campaigns.

Just helping out those guys with playtesting there stuff would also be handy. Going to try to contact everyone who's stuff i'm using and seeing if they have any plans on updating there stuff, to see if i should hold off on converting there stuff. I'm under the impression that i should wait a bit before actually doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayki Don Kyanon
Germany
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will ask my GF if she could arrange the different type of cards fixed on A4 digitally. She works with industrial printing and does something like this for a living.

The idea:
- create templates for every type on A4 pages where the front and back of the cards are alligned
- then one could insert the pictures into the fixed perimeters on the paeges
- in the end you can print the front on one cardstock page, turn it and print the backside
- cutting the cards out
finished

I don't know yet how difficult this is as she already sleeps

I have another question about the usability of the cardstock to play the game. Do you have to laminate the cards?

btw: thanks to grandslam for bringing up that idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Perhaps your wife could use the files i use after i've seperated them all? She might have to do some additional work (cleaning up things a bit)
as i've mainly just set them to work in printer studio.

I'll be uploading a test rar. of the file pretty quick. I've got about half of the cards ready. ANyone can take a look and see if the prospect of the complete version will appeal to them.
-----
Otherwise i'm curious if anyone might know any quick fixes for scaling in gimp. I'm thinking I might have to rescale all of the images and would like to find a way to do all of the layers in a file simultaneously without losing their positioning (Though i have a feeling that these 2 things aren't exclusive in whatever tool that could do this..hehe)

This is just incase you want to use site other then printerstudio, and wanting to make sure they're compatible. There all lined up with eachother so this process should be relatively easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
This is all amazing! Just a thought that you might want two versions, A4 and US Letter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Okee! I've got a beta version of it. It includes:
-The 6 characters
-Enemies from all of Crusader's Quests

Also has instructions and a reference notepad to help you when your on printerstudio. It should all be straight forward. Tested it myself and the results were pretty nice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csbs4m1ff8emalt/Warhammer%20ACG%20...

Any feedback would be lovely! I can probably get the remaining enemies out pretty quick (making monsters (duplicates) is alot less time consuming then individual hero cards)

----------
http://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/personalized-photo...

Also just tested cards used for quests with this template. I've got the dimensions working in GIMP so I should be able to add a folder for quest cards in the future.

If there are any other quests/delves you'd like to see in here, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Simmons
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this idea. Looks great so far. I Can't wait for the final version. I just got this game and like it a lot. I am bummed that I won't be able to play Witch Hunter and Goblin Slayer, but this project should help fill the void of expansions nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
So I've gotten to a point were i've got the aim of this expansion pack down. What it'll include is:

-New Characters
-New Quests to be interchangeable with the base set quests (for variety in campaigns)
-A new delve or 2 to add to the mix, that plays well with the added monsters

How does this sound as a goal? I've set up my templates in GIMP so that i can easily edit quest cards to fit in with the perameter above (being able to be interchangeable with other quests to add campaign variety)

Always open to suggestions. I think I'll finish the collection and then make future iterations of it (as well as new expansions/volumes) depending on if creators reiterate or expand upon the material they've made.

I realized that all of the mini cards on printerstudio are 'european' style mini cards, so they'll be a couple mm bigger then the ones in the base set. Kind of a shame, as i was thinking of adding some of the events and loot cards that i've seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soraia Lobos
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wowww just woowww. Amazing content!! Super Happy to see people are investing in a great game! Thanks again* hug from Portugal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayki Don Kyanon
Germany
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry I am really busy right now

The feedback from the GF:

The alignement of the pictures is easy and doable. The problem starts with the printer. First of she mentioned to check if the chosen printer is able to print on cardstock or similar paper. Then every printer in private households are not that great about precision. 2mm are nothing for these devices. It is likely that the printer will miss the front and the back slightly.
So her advice was to prepare the files as ANjovi is doing and printing them in a printer studio locally or via a web-shop.

I cannot evaluate if she is assesing the problem on a very high standard because of working in that field. So if anyone cares feel free to test that.

I will try to look for a printer studio in germany to estimate the costs and efforts needed as soon as I get some free time.

OFf-Topic: I beat the campaign some days ago Felt epic ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I've almost got it done. I've mainly focused on the bridge cards, though I've made some optional printable quest cards for those who want to use the 'wedding cards' on printerstudio. I've also edited some of Trustyle's quest cards with some alternate texts (on monster shuffling) to make it easier to sort them out of the rest.

here's a preview of the expansion reference card i threw together. Has some minor instructions, suggestion for campaigns as well as credits to the content creators.

I still want to bounce the suggested campaign missions back and forth (not sure which ones are most suitable for which slots)

Also, if i manage to get the right quests assigned to the right slot (i.e which ones are good to swap with, A foul stench, or The pursuit or firepower, etc.) I can Add a number to the quest card similar to how they are on the base game cards (uneasy alliance quest 1,2,3,4,5)

Otherwise it's not the end of the world, the community will have the enemies and heroes to play with at least. You could design many new quests/delves with the new monsters available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Finished for now! updated the thread, deciding to just focus about organizing the creatures and monsters. I made a few tweaks to some of Tstyle's quest cards to just indicate which creatures in specific to shuffle in a deck.

Hopefully folks will come up with some quest ideas to incorporate all of these new creatures in.

I'll try to keep updating this as revisions are made to the cards and new stuff is added. It should also be easy to pick and choose what you want from the file, just look to the notepad for referencing which cards you want. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Simmons
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for the energy and time that you put in to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
No prob mate! I've just gotten variant quest cards done that should make fan made expansions compatible with this format. I'll see about updating this package with quest cards for each quest down the line. Although if anyone wants to do that, all of the files are available to get that going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Giant Inconvenience of Planet X
msg tools
Just downloaded this guys and it is impressive work. I use PrinterStudio a lot for all my custom cards and I have a suggestion.

With some small changes the quest cards can be printed out on ther printer studio "large cards" the largest card is still smaller than the real campaign cards, but it is still pretty huge.. you could even print them on a mouse pad if you liked.

Also, you can share a completed and ready to print project with out using the printer studio store option..
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/169670/printerstudio-shar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
okay! so we've got a few more submissions from the community.
Crusader has updated all of his quests with new art and dr nightmare has uploaded his new priestess character.

Just a heads up that i'll look into updating the main rar. so if your wanting stuff up to date, you might want to hold off from making your printerstudio purchase.

Otherwise, If anybody is formatting the cards to print off of the site if you were able to put them in a small rar and link them in this thread or even update the main collection yourself and upload it, i'll be more then happy to replace the link in the OP with yours.

I've just printed some cards myself. I missed the updates to crusader's enemies, but perhaps i can patch them in the next time round. (dr. nightmare's expansion sounds like gold )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
I'm planning on doing a print now... this pack the only "wrong" files are the quests by Crusader?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.