David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I get that we have our tribes and biases, but we generally still respect eachother as not 'part of the problem'. Or in general, that any of us are less or more American for our beliefs---cultural insensitivity towards those that aren't American to begin with, aside.

I see this crap, and I'm always like, "wait, do I post 'hail trump' videos back, or do I not?"

I wouldn't care, but I can't vent about it on facebook to virtually 3/4th of my aunts and uncles that post this absolute crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
I get that we have our tribes and biases, but we generally still respect eachother as not 'part of the problem'. Or in general, that any of us are less or more American for our beliefs---cultural insensitivity towards those that aren't American to begin with, aside.

I see this crap, and I'm always like, "wait, do I post 'hail trump' videos back, or do I not?"

I wouldn't care, but I can't vent about it on facebook to virtually 3/4th of my aunts and uncles that post this absolute crap.

Consider yourself the sign that evolution is working?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:

How is Aurora these days? I used to spend time there in the late 90s - visiting and shopping at markets, game stores, etc. Miss the weather.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
darthhugo wrote:

How is Aurora these days? I used to spend time there in the late 90s - visiting and shopping at markets, game stores, etc. Miss the weather.

It is ...weiiiiird.

So, Cherry Creek School district housing is BLOWING UP. Like, that's not just the nice part of Aurora, but the nice part of the city. The land is green and good.

Meanwhile, the other places are also...sort of getting better? Rent is going up insane throughout the metro area, and that's putting the squeeze on people from the bottom, up.

Bonus points is that our dispensaries are allowed to stay open until 10, which means that we have some serious business here.

Sadly, the schools are short like 31 million dollars, somehow. The next door neighbor has her finger on the pulse of it. I guess the gentrification has lead to kindergarden classes that are 1/3rd the size they used to be all over. Bonus points though, that let my son enroll in an out of district school that's much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
red black wrote:
bippi wrote:
I get that we have our tribes and biases, but we generally still respect eachother as not 'part of the problem'.

You haven't been paying attention.

Can't thumb this enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
Can't thumb this enough.

You can also tip it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Meme back! They'll love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I actually stopped following my dad on Facebook this past weekend. The re-memes were just nonstop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This notion that somehow Trump supporters or Republicans are more patriotic is idiotic.

Even if, patriotism is not a virtue in itself. Patriotism is an emotion and emotions are important as a starting point, but they are not the be-all and end-all.

Atrocious acts have been commited out of love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:
This notion that somehow Trump supporters or Republicans are more patriotic is idiotic.

Even if, patriotism is not a virtue in itself. Patriotism is an emotion and emotions are important as a starting point, but they are not the be-all and end-all.

Yes, considering they are abetting an adversary of the United States, they are most likely treasonous.

Isn't treason one of those things that most Americans frown upon? Except the water carriers for Trump, that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
whats the real unemployemt rate under the new jerb creation admin? he saved around a 1000 at a cost of a 100 mill or so . So that what 5% meaning its really 28 or 25% even as high as 42%?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
emptyset wrote:

Yes, considering they are abetting an adversary of the United States, they are most likely treasonous.

Isn't treason one of those things that most Americans frown upon? Except the water carriers for Trump, that is.

Where is the evidence of treason? Shouting treason without hard proof is akin to fake news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KrazyIrish89 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
emptyset wrote:

Where is the evidence of treason? Shouting treason without hard proof is akin to fake news.

Treason is aiding and abetting an adversary. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

That water you are carrying is going to melt you, so good luck with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KrazyIrish89 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
emptyset wrote:

Can you imagine what all those WW2, Korean, and Vietnam war vets that have passed on would think about their country now - where many of its citizens are just puppets of the Russian government?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
whats the real unemployemt rate under the new jerb creation admin? he saved around a 1000 at a cost of a 100 mill or so . So that what 5% meaning its really 28 or 25% even as high as 42%?

Octo-generian slackers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Facebook? People still use that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:

Pedantic psychology aside: I wouldn't constrain patriotism to emotion alone. I'd say it's a set of attitudes, behavior, and cognition, like in many aspects of social psychology.

(I might be wrong, too!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.