United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had this come up....

Natyli hits Wrench with a Power Curse.

Wrench has Needlegun in play already, and then plays Parallel Processing. He then plays his beer googles and gold mint.

Everybody agreed that Needlegun still worked because it was already in play. But from there, the two sides of the argument were:

1) Wrench played parallel processing. It does not have a numeric effect so it isn't affected by the curse. It allows him to bring into play two devices, but because he didn't actually 'play' these as action cards, the power curse doesn't affect them.

2) Wrench played parallel processing. The resulting cards that were brought into play are labeled ACTION cards and thus are subject to the power curse for this turn since they were action cards brought into play during the action phase.

I myself lean towards 2 (and I was Natyli, so that was an even stronger reason for my argument in this case).

What's the community (or even better....Slugfest) think of this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Jinxes make Wrench cry. As per the rules:

Quote:
If Wrench has a Power Jinx from Natyli, then all of the numeric effects on all of his Gizmos are reduced by 1, but only during Wrench’s Action Phase. (This does not affect the numbers on the Gizmos’ Fortitude tracks.) Note that a Power Jinx causes many of Wrench’s Gizmos to temporarily do nothing - including his Passive Gizmos! Wrench returns his Power Jinx to Natyli after he has ticked down all of his Gizmos.

In short, this means that the all three (or more) of the Gizmos would have suffered the penalty. Normally this has no effect on his defensive Gizmos, but it does mean that Wrench is susceptible to hit-backs and Anytime Drinks during his Action Phase with a Power Jinx.

Many folks may flip the table and claim this is unfair cause it makes Power Jinx super good vs. Wrench. However, seeing as how all of Wrench's actions are pure value anyway, it's not THAT bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrench is very swingy depending on who he plays against. Other characters with few "attack everyone" cards are totally useless against him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.