Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Missing thank you card from my Kickstarter copy? *potential spoilers?* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the instruction book and unboxing video by Isaac, there's supposed to be a thankyou note with a decoder for secret text found throughout the game.

I've completely tipped the entire contents of the box out and I don't see it anywhere.

Is the decoder unique to each note? Or could someone send me a copy so I don't miss out on the secret squirrel stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Missing thank you note? *potential spoilers?*
The thank you note is specific to Kickstarter copies, retail copies should not be getting the Thank you note.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I don't have a retail copy though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CowStriker wrote:
Yup. I don't have a retail copy though.

Then yup, you should have had the thank you note.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I know, but mine isn't present in the box. So my original question still stands.

Do the notes differ in the decoding text or can a photocopy or something be sent to me so I don't miss out.

I don't care if I don't have the actual physical note but I do care about the content that I'm missing out on because I don't have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Au
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Send Isaac a note, I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Gentzel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the decoder is not different between copies. The thought was that someone would post it online at some point (I remember seeing someone show it in an unboxing video briefly if you pause it), so people who DIDN'T back on Kickstarter could find the code that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you have a faulty copy. I'll be happy to take it off your hands for oh, say $30. You'll want to get another one that is more complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crisis averted everyone.

Sent Isaac an email and he sent me a PDF of the Cypher.

So cheers Isaac for the prompt reply and fix for the problem. You're a saint and a scholar and a diabolical mad genius for creating a gam that will potentially eat up my every waking moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ackland
msg tools
Embargo the pdf for 6-8 weeks then upload it here for the world to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suit Sage wrote:
(I remember seeing someone show it in an unboxing video briefly if you pause it)

Which one???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The unboxing video by Isaac himself.

You can definitely pause it and see everything clearly on the cipher. So If I didn't get any joy I could have just used a screenshot of the video to get by quite easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.