Legendary Encounters: A Firefly Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Slowly improving deck variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that there is not a lot of ways in this set to thin your deck effectively. (It can be done, but its a lot harder to come by than in base legendary)

Here is my thought for a simple variant.

Every time you reshuffle your discard pile into your deck bc you need to draw a card, you may remove one Shiny or Misbehave. This only triggers if you reshuffle due to a card draw on an empty deck, not if you have to reshuffle for any other reason, including end of the episode.

This will make the game easier, but hopefully remove some of the frustration of losing bc you keep drawing handfuls of shinies and misbehaves.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. Might try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the difficulty is OK as it is. This variant would make the game too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Freer
United Kingdom
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I agree about the lack of deck thinning, I feel like this is more pronounced than it is in other Legendary Encounters games. However I also agree with Tom Eklund that it would be it making the game too easy.
I wonder if you could do this by paying some kind of penalty.

In many games I feel like I would be prepared for something like this:
"When reshuffling due to card draw, you may take a Flaw to KO one card."
Or:
"When reshuffling due to card draw you may KO one Shiny or Misbehave provided you also KO a card with cost 1 or more"
Or:
"At the end of the episode you may spend 2 Credits to allow all players to KO one card"

While you are fixing this, I would love to have a balanced way to empty the Barracks of all of the useless cards when playing with a small number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that at the ending of episode you can KO a card by spending credits!
So you have to chose... buy upgrades, repair ship... KO a card.
But 2 credit is not enough. Now you can pay 2 credits to buy one extra card to the beginning of the scenario. KO a card is much more usefull!
Maybe 4 credits would be fair price for killing one card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.