Subject: Availability in the UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been interested in buying a copy of the 2nd edition of this game since I mistakenly sold my original unused 1st edition a few years ago. I've managed to play it using Tabletop Simulator on Steam, and would really like a physical copy now. Problem is, I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere in the UK. Is it between print runs, or is there somewhere I'm not looking? Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
It just had a new print run. I hope you are able to find it if you look around the net.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It did indeed havve a new print run, along with the new print run for Lords of Middle-earth (the first expansion).

It literally flew off the shelves at all the main OLGS I regularly keep tabs on.

Hopefully, Ares Games will have printed enough copies to satisfy what was always going to be a high demand. Fingers crossed for all WotR (2e) fans that have yet to pick up a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I saw a copy last time I was in Rules of Play in Cardiff - you could try giving them a ring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pincher wrote:
I've been interested in buying a copy of the 2nd edition of this game since I mistakenly sold my original unused 1st edition a few years ago. I've managed to play it using Tabletop Simulator on Steam, and would really like a physical copy now. Problem is, I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere in the UK. Is it between print runs, or is there somewhere I'm not looking? Cheers!

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/toyx5nwwcr5ymq/games/puzzles-wa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooles D
Canada
flag msg tools
Valar Morghulis
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
I'm sure I saw a copy last time I was in Rules of Play in Cardiff - you could try giving them a ring?
Just not the one ring! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
pincher wrote:

Many thanks. Ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark R
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For anyone else who wants a copy Gadgetsville has a couple in stock:

http://www.gadgetsvilleltd.co.uk/War-of-the-Ring-2nd-Edition...

Warriors of Middle Earth too:

http://www.gadgetsvilleltd.co.uk/War-of-the-Ring-Warriors-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Crowther
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pincher wrote:
banzai123 wrote:
pincher wrote:

Many thanks. Ordered!

I ordered from them yesterday as well, when there were 3 copies left. It said there were 2 afterwards, so I'm hoping this time it took (I had some problems with them a week or two ago, see the other UK availability thread).

My account status sadly still says 'Order Placed', I've got my fingers crossed that it will be despatched soon. Has anyone received a copy ok from GameSeek as yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flimflammery wrote:
pincher wrote:
banzai123 wrote:
pincher wrote:

Many thanks. Ordered!

I ordered from them yesterday as well, when there were 3 copies left. It said there were 2 afterwards, so I'm hoping this time it took (I had some problems with them a week or two ago, see the other UK availability thread).

My account status sadly still says 'Order Placed', I've got my fingers crossed that it will be despatched soon. Has anyone received a copy ok from GameSeek as yet?

When I ordered mine I think it said that there were 3 copies left. I've had no email confirming dispatch, but the money seems to have left my Paypal account. Fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine has arrived. Thanks everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Crowther
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pincher wrote:
Mine has arrived. Thanks everybody!

Mine too! Exciting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Batista
United Kingdom
Brighton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I want to get one too. I am going to check my local game shop tomorrow. I am just reading about this game and everything sounds so awesome... hope aí am not stuck on a pre order as I want to play this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.