Boris JOSEPH
France
LYON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot of this wonderful game with my wife and we loved it.
But yesterday, during last season, I didn't need no more field or wood tile and I was willing to place some new buildings...
In real life, it is always possible to build on field or wood but I haven't found anything about it in the rule...
So We argue to say it was not possible, and I agreed to make her win on Saint Valentine's day (she even broke her record over 130 !)
Thanks for your help on the topic
Boris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are clear in that topic, that you can only build on empty tiles.
The real life has nothing to do with board games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris JOSEPH
France
LYON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks
where is it in the rules ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
thanks
where is it in the rules ?

Page 6:
Rules wrote:
At the beginning of the game, you have access to 2 empty Land Spaces on your Home Board. (The other Land Spaces were covered by
tiles during setup.) On these spaces, you can build Fields, Stalls, Buildings, and Forests. Directly above your Land Spaces is your Dike
Line (this is what we call 3 Dike tiles lying in a row next to each other) and beyond that the Tidal Flat Area. You cannot build there,
because this area is flooded by the tide. However, during the course of the game, you can dike the Tidal Flat Spaces to reclaim land and
get access to more Land Spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
you have the little tile to ship for food to get rid of a field tile, that's when I usually use that, and it can be at anytime, so you can do that when you need to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris JOSEPH
France
LYON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Grant
I have read this paragraph also
but it is nowhere really expressely written that I can destroy something to put something else...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris JOSEPH
France
LYON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Steph, you are right
but I had already done this action before :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
thanks Grant
but it is nowhere really expressely written that I can destroy something to put something else...

The rules tell you the things you can do. They are not a comprehensive list of the things you can't do. If the rules don't tell you that you can freely discard tiles you don't want, then you can't. Where is the confusion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
thanks Grant

It doesn't expressly write that you can't use a cupcake as a free tile on your board and have it count for 1,000 victory points either

If the rules don't say you can do it, then you can't!

Congrats on your wife's score of over 130! I am still having a tough time breaking 100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris JOSEPH
France
LYON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all !
Anyway don't be bothered, we assumed like Grant said...
and we were drinking champagne during the game (before the winner was known...)
So we finsihed the bottle after the score :-)

Reverend Uncle Bastard
there are many ways to reach above 110 but it needs no fail and a good combo play to go over 120/125 (specially in 2 players mode where we can block eachother)
Our record is 134.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy
mbmbmb
I have a related question (which I'll put in a separate thread) but I thought the quote I was gonna use would be helpful for you here. It specifically talks about the tiles.

PAGE 10
Quote:
All the other tiles on your Home Board (including Fields) can only
be placed, turned, or removed via certain actions. (The tiles on
your Home Board cannot change their position, except Dikes.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
BJOSEPHLYON wrote:
thanks Grant

It doesn't expressly write that you can't use a cupcake as a free tile on your board and have it count for 1,000 victory points either

If the rules don't say you can do it, then you can't!

Congrats on your wife's score of over 130! I am still having a tough time breaking 100.

Me too. Played three times. Scored 92,91,87 :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.