Terraforming Mars» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Why Not Terraform Mars on Valentines Day? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Terri had Terraforming Mars all set up last night so I had no choice but to play her in in one of her favorite games. We passed out the Corporation Cards and she picked The Miner's Guild while I took the Ecoline Corporation. This game always starts a little slow but once it gets going the time just zooms by and before you know it, 2 hours plus has passed by.

I hit the first Milestone and she snatched the next two. She also took 2 out of 3 Awards although we battled back and forth for the Banker and Miner awards.

Here is how the final planet looked once we got it Terraformed:

She got a ton of cards in play and I thought she would probably win this one. Here is her final board:

Thanks to my Jovian Moon onslaught where 1 of my cards was worth 8 points thanks to all the Jovian Moons that I had in play, I was able to pull out a 102-92 win. Here was my Ecoline Board at the end of the game:

To tell you what a true gamer she is, even after a 2 1/2 hour game she said, "if it wasn't 3am, we would run it back and I would kick your butt"shake

BOTS2017
Boys 30
Girls 19
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
It looks like you have the same picture in there twice. You can't both be Ecoline shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:
It looks like you have the same picture in there twice. You can't both be Ecoline shake

Thanks, I was off one numbershake well actually SHE would tell you I'm way off more than just one number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Robert
France
Thiverval-Grignon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She had +32 Mega credit production ?
Man, this is impressive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YoshiFR wrote:
Man, this is impressive

It happens from time to time, nothing too rare, I'd say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
YoshiFR wrote:
Man, this is impressive

And it looks like blue funded the banker award. He chose ... poorly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:
YoshiFR wrote:
Man, this is impressive

When I paid the 20 MC to fund the Banker Award, I was 16 ahead of her in total MC production and thought that would be a sure 5 points for me. Needless to say, she flew by me in MC production. She had the card that gives you 1 MC increase for every 2 Building Tags in play and then she played the card that allows you to copy 1 of your production cards in play and she copied that one. I think those 2 cards increased her MC production by 12 total.

Yes she had the Blue card that decreases cost -2 for every card. She also ended the game by placing the last ocean as she thought she was ahead at that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
Omahavice wrote:
Talmanes wrote:
YoshiFR wrote:
Man, this is impressive

When I paid the 20 MC to fund the Banker Award, I was 16 ahead of her in total MC production and thought that would be a sure 5 points for me. Needless to say, she flew by me in MC production. She had the card that gives you 1 MC increase for every 2 Building Tags in play and then she played the card that allows you to copy 1 of your production cards in play and she copied that one. I think those 2 cards increased her MC production by 12 total.

Yes she had the Blue card that decreases cost -2 for every card. She also ended the game by placing the last ocean as she thought she was ahead at that time.

Yeah, with the corporate cards in play I have found the banker award to be highly unpredictable. The other awards are much more reliable.

Still, funding it then losing it 32-12 is impressive, if the pictures are accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Omahavice wrote:
Thanks to my Jovian Moon onslaught where 1 of my cards was worth 8 points thanks to all the Jovian Moons that I had in play, I was able to pull out a 102-92 win.

I was a bit confused here, until I understood that you meant the tags.

The Jovian tag is a picture of the planet Jupiter. As they say in the movies, "That's no moon!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
"That's no moon!"

Well, it's too big to be a space station!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.