Subject: No cards to add to the Impulse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our game last night I attacked someone who had only two cards in hand, he chose to use one as reinforcements but could have used both. Would he have been allowed to use them both and if so what would happen on his turn since he wouldn't have a card to add to the Impulse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We had this situation the other day. We just allowed him to carry on with the rest of his turn and at the end of his turn he didn't trim the impulse. This seems fair enough since it is what you do at the beginning of the game when you build up the impulse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nagy
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
In our game last night I attacked someone who had only two cards in hand, he chose to use one as reinforcements but could have used both. Would he have been allowed to use them both and if so what would happen on his turn since he wouldn't have a card to add to the Impulse?

According to page 12 of the rulebook you don't add a card to the impulse, so it remains at 3 cards long for the duration of their turn.

Quote:
Adding a card to the Impulse is not optional. If your hand is empty to start your turn, skip that step.

Also on page 12:

Quote:
6. Draw 2 cards, and trim the Impulse to 3 cards.

After the player's turn, they simply leave the impulse with 3 cards and don't trim it further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - that makes sense. I did look in the rules but missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.