Subject: What to use for spice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I use anything for spice and each thing I use, cubes for example, represent 1 spice, or do I need to have something that represents multiple amounts of spice?
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use acrylic crystals. One color represents 1 spice, another color represents 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can use anything. A denomination of 1 is required. A second denomination (3-10, whatever you like really) is optional, but I would highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Rhoades
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are using the optional rule that requires expending spice to gain full strength for your troop commitment, you might prefer the use of cards to represent spice. They are easier to hide when making the secret troop commitments during combat resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
Amber acrylic ice rocks. Search online craft stores. Very cheap if bought in bulk. There are some gamer bits online shops as well that resell them at a markup.

Edit: Make sure to check size before ordering, some of them are huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second (or third) the recommendation for acrylic crystals. I have two DIY copies (Illya and Scott) and use the blue for one and red for the other. They're gorgeous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
I second (or third) the recommendation for acrylic crystals. I have two DIY copies (Illya and Scott) and use the blue for one and red for the other. They're gorgeous.

I also have two DIY copies (Ilya and Scott). The first (Ilya) was made for me and came with amber acrylic crystals. I eventually threw them out and replaced them with blue acrylic crystals to stay closer to the theme (mélange is blue). Both sets use blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaude Thomas
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zedros wrote:
If you are using the optional rule that requires expending spice to gain full strength for your troop commitment, you might prefer the use of cards to represent spice. They are easier to hide when making the secret troop commitments during combat resolution.

I feel like this is an important consideration: use something that is easy to conceal on the dial when playing Advanced Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.