Hide
11 Posts

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blessing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gale
msg tools
The rule book (p.27) and FAQ (p.2) state that..."Blessed figures are immune to any and all Special attacks, such as Poison and Double attack.."

So does this mean they are immune to the ENTIRE attack, and can't be damaged at all by it, or are only immune to the special component, i.e Poison (fatigue) and the second attack of a Double attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Tomala
Poland
flag msg tools
My understanding is that a blessed character is immune only to the special component of the attack. So when hit by a guard, he's not poisoned, or if attacked by Chi'leen, the monster does not get the second attack. At least - it's the way I've been playing it up until now. Otherwise, the blessing would be too overpowered, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gale
msg tools
Thank you for the reply, Bartosz. I completely agree with you. Generally the term "immune" would imply sanctuary from the entire attack, but as you say, that would really be overpowered. I've been playing it the same way you have, but thought I'd seek further input. The rule could have been written better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bobgale wrote:
Thank you for the reply, Bartosz. I completely agree with you. Generally the term "immune" would imply sanctuary from the entire attack, but as you say, that would really be overpowered. I've been playing it the same way you have, but thought I'd seek further input. The rule could have been written better.

yes, well pointed out. Indeed, blessed are not getting fatigue from boneworm for instance, but would be normally wounded should the attack go through.

Blessed is hugely beneficial against Chi'leens as then Chi'leen attacks only once... and even better with Demon. Then demon only attacks twice and doesn't give you fatigue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gale
msg tools
Thank you for responding and posting this clarification, Timo! It makes an already fantastic game even better when you can get this kind of timely support from the designers, and I really appreciate that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Neshilim's Bless special action last one round or is it 'permanent' until the token gets reassigned by Neshilim during another special action?

I'll just sneak in another unrelated question, if I may: P.16 states that 'you must move at least one spoke clockwise' and also 'you cannot keep your hero peg in the same spoke to repeat your previous action'. Does the latter statement mean that you are not allowed to spend enough action points to move completely round the Stone of Destiny to land in the same spoke again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The blessing stays there until it is assigned by another action ('permanent').

If you have enough action points to move once around, you are allowed to take the same action, you are just not allowed to "Spend 0" and stay where you are. (Afaik)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flolo wrote:

If you have enough action points to move once around, you are allowed to take the same action, you are just not allowed to "Spend 0" and stay where you are. (Afaik)

Thanks. That's just how I've been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JPWatts wrote:
flolo wrote:

Thanks. That's just how I've been playing it.

And it's quite important to keep in mind that Bless indeed stays put. It can make a big difference if your front line tank has Bless and there are for instance Chi'leens against you, as the Chi'leens only attack once (double attack is special effect).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A N/A
msg tools
Hi

Does the blessing stay from one scenario to the next? e.g from 5b to 6a/b?

Medhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Medhu wrote:
Hi

Does the blessing stay from one scenario to the next? e.g from 5b to 6a/b?

Medhu

No. It does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.