Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Their certainly seems to be a large difference of opinion between reviewers of this game. Reviews go from "boring" & "Convoluted" to "Fast and Fun..." & "A lot of depth... it really works".

Great Scott! - what a tough decision to spend the bucks on this one. Is it your "density" or did you "make like a tree" and got out of there. Has anyone done a poll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my wife really liked this game.
One of our friend (a core gamer) even said it was the best licensed game he ever played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested in playing, make sure you follow the "easy rules" described in setup. (There's no shame in it: still plenty of strategy for hardcore players.)

There are a lot of moving parts in the game, and the easy rules remove one of the more restrictive layers. In my experience, that makes a world of difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I fall firmly on the side of "love it."

I can see why the perceived complexity and multiple layers of restrictions can turn off some players, but if you can wrap your head around the way you have to pay for actions, and the cards you have to use, then it becomes a really fun strategic card game.

Also, I don't find there to be any wasted turns, because even if the sum total of your turn is taking George to draw cards, then ending and taking a Clock Tower token, you're setting yourself up for later.

Annnnnnd...now I want to go play it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this very recently and have only played it once but I found it fun. The rules can be a little complex sounding to start with. There is a lot of things to check when you are selecting your character and then playing cards and we made mistakes at first and funnily enough had to rewind some of our actions.

There is a good bit of luck involved but there are ways to alleviate this with the tokens available but overall I think it is solid enough to play and there is only really one end goal.

You just need to keep in mind that even though you might end the game you might now win.

In summary once you grasp the main rules you can have a bit of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is if you ask a question like this in any game's forum you're going to get an inevitably positively biased response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The problem is if you ask a question like this in any game's forum you're going to get an inevitably positively biased response.

Had a gift card and got the game but haven't played it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fuller
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:

I agree, but for some games like this one it's a good way to crowdsource additional reviews. And I think most folks that OP with threads similar to this one were wanting more data. Especially after the release hype of a game dissipates. There's only one official review in the forums so far, so I didn't mind hearing from folks that have played it.

80's nostalgia and IP are hitting boardgaming in a major way (Big Trouble in Little China, Friday the 13th, The Thing, Ghostbusters, The Goonies) and licensed games historically have had less-than-inspired gameplay or challenges for gamers. I've been hovering over buying this for a while and I think my love for the original films is the tiebreaker, but I'd really need it to be worth a play or two for me to give it shelf space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grejam53 wrote:
Quote:

Had a gift card and got the game but haven't played it yet.

Have you had a chance to get this to the table yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, twice but only the solo variant "erased from existence". I haven't given it more play as other activities (and games) have my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.