Hide
1 Posts

Fields of Green» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Review of Fields of Green rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Pullman
msg tools
I kickstartered Fields of Green because it looked like a good farming board game. Since I was little, I have always been drawn to games about farming. SimFarm on the PC was a longtime favorite. I also got both Agricola and Caverna when they came out. I love the premise and the feel to building something, especially farm related.

Since receiving this game, I have played about a dozen games of it and as a quick jump ahead, I look forward to many more games. The game is similar to Suburbia where you have your own building area and lay tiles which have effects on your farm as a whole and especially tiles that are adjacent or near the new tile. What I enjoyed about this game over games like Suburbia is that they added a drafting element. In the game, each the players draws a number of cards from several piles such as fields, livestock, improvements, and buildings. You choose a card to play and pass the stack to the player next to you. rinse and repeat until you're out of cards. This was a very welcome addition to the genre and adds a level of strategy and planning not present in similar games.

The artwork is detailed and appealing and there are great variety of cards to play. No game I have played feels the same as previous and it has kept me entertained for hours with my friends. Although the game doesn't have the complexity and variety as Caverna, it is also a much shorter game and easier to have newer or less seasoned board gamers dive right into. I will always choose this game over Suburbia. However, if I have the time and the right players, I will always choose Caverna over this.

I strongly recommend picking this game up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.