Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG provides a small update to their page to reflect the incoming cards from the first of the Red Sands cycle:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/2/15/kakugo/

Kakugo was previously spoiled elsewhere, and is a low-strength Jinteki barrier that provides 1 net damage on encounter when the Runner passes the ICE. (important distinction, my bad).

While that is a nice effect (and hopefully a format that will be explored in future card design), it shows some real teeth with a new support asset:

While I was hoping for more synergy with this card, it only causes the net damage the first time an AP subroutine is broken- so a little bit underwhelming IMHO, especially when I have to protect SynMod (and its trash cost is not prohibitive). I think the intent here was to provide a different flavor of the Thousand Cuts Jinteki decks.

Observation: The card shows what happens to Komainu when you mess with its DNA. Nasty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skorpios and Potential Unleashed are drooling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.