Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I J
United Kingdom
Oxford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just played my Kosmos 1st ed copy acquired in a charity shop for the first time and one thing that became apparent is that the card distribution isn't the same as stated in the rules. The rules say there are 2 cards per island but in my set there are 3 cards for some islands (e.g. Coco and Lale) and only one for others (e.g. Elai). Can anyone helpwith which is correct here - the rules or my cards?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
2 cards per island is correct.

For legal reasons the shop has to exchange the wrong cards against new ones.
Because the shop has to order the cards from the publisher, some publishers prefer to handle reclamations directly with the customer.
But because Kosmos is in Germany and you're in UK it may be different.

So best is to contact the shop, leave your address there and wait for a new set of cards.
If you want to contact Kosmos directly you can do it here: http://www.kosmos.de/content/service/kontakt-im-verlag/

Best, Guenter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I J
United Kingdom
Oxford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for your replies. It's a bit strange that this has happened - I'm thinking there may be other sets with my missing cards and I have theirs! As I picked this up really cheaply second hand in a charity shop I won't contact the publisher but will just put stickers on the errant cards to correct them.

@Guenter- we enjoyed the game despite this - thanks for inventing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks ... and ok, in a second hand shop this makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.