3 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign: Return to Hoth or Jabba's Return rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Bornich
msg tools
mb
I'm on the fence on which expansion's campaign to launch into next.

I'm interested in the one with the greatest variety of missions with fun new gameplay twists and objectives. Ideally with many missions with no time limits (or at least long timelimits).

I've done a lot of googling and so far it sounds like RtH offers many missions without time limits and at least one mission with tile exploration, but is otherwise very similar to the core game. JR has more time limits, but several people feel it is more epic and star warsy than RtH, but there is less information about JR so harder to tell.

Also seems JR may be too easy, while RtH is easier than the core game for the rebels, but not that much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noa

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to say JR because it has been more thematic and interesting for me personally as the newest thing, but I do think RtH has more of what you are looking for in your description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
I think your assesment is on point.

RTH has large maps, not very many timers (at least not aggressive ones), and balanced for the most part (and yeah, slightly easier than base campaign).

JR has some really great thematic moments and it improves on the overall campaign structure. The individual mission balance could be better, tho. There are heavily favored missions for both sides, so it really depends on your choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.