Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Full disclosure, I don't see myself playing this above 2 any time soon, but the awkwardness of the 3-player mode got me wondering. Could you play 3 player where everyone has 1 personal worker and access to a shared worker?

If throwing in the gods, there would probably be some edge cases to resolve with particular gods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing awkward about 3 players at all, even with god powers. It's actually quite fun and I prefer to play 3 players more than with 2 now. You should try it!

Having said that, it's your game, feel free to create your own house-rules and experiment with them. Maybe you'll discover a fun new variant. Post back and let us know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read quite a few people saying that the game is at its worst at 3. I assume that's because of crowding (and kingmaking).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the variant, if active players use their power with both their worker and the neutral one then almost all gods are going to work, even the ones that give you extra workers. Use the full setup rules to ensure reasonable powers are chosen and you will be fine. (Gord! created a 4-player variant that was grey vs tan vs male vs female and two players adjacent in turn orded would win together based on the worker with the winning move ... sucks to be next to Chronus, I guess.)

Crowding isn't much of an issue with three players. Personalities and powers are important to how well it turns out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find very few people have a problem with crowding in 3P.

Most people who don't like 3P don't like it because of the kingmaker experiences. If you don't mind those, 3P should be fine for you.

(A few players actually feel that they *enhance* the game experience [specifically: player A sets up player C for the win, forcing player B to stop them, instead of working on their own victory.])

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon R
United Kingdom
West Midlands
flag msg tools
I don't really understand the problems people are having with kingmaker situations in the 3-player game.

I have only experienced it twice in 50 or more games of 3-player.

Maybe I am just lucky with my group, but everyone is very cagey about creating winning situations unless they can grab them for themselves, so it almost always ends with someone making a clever series of moves that catches the other two players off-guard.

I initially thought it would be too crowded as well, but in practice it works fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.