Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kerklaan
Netherlands
hilversum
noord holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have the ancient gold lantern pledge do i change to the gamers pledge don't see much extras in it or am i missing something

do you see something that i am missing from the new expansions don't want to make the wrong choice and later regret it
thanks in advance

and i want from the new expansions

Silver City
Abyssal Woods
Honeycomb Weaver
Campaigns of Death
Honeycomb Weaver
Ivory Dragon
Pariah
Red Witches
The Silver City
Hard Plastic Showdown Board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan b
msg tools
jajaja no ....good for you ...i want the same ...i could not get it but almost ....maybe gryphon (new campaign and 50 percent of discount)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
thraxas wrote:
do you see something that i am missing from the new expansions

The bonus stuff from Gamer's Lantern you would be getting:

Black Knight Expansion
Death Armor Expansion
Death Dice
Frogdog Expansion
Gryphon Expansion
Inverted Mountain Campaign Expansion
Nightmare Ram Expansion
Oblivion Mosquito Expansion
Screaming God Expansion
The First Hero Expansion
Watcher T-Shirt

All that for an extra $415.

Is it worth it? Depends on your budget and how much you think you'll like the game / want to get everything later I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you're already buying so many of the new expansions, making the leap to the gamer's pledge might make some sense. Not sure if that would include the campaigns of death though, probably not. You'll also have to add-on the plastic board on top of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
rican919 wrote:
Since you're already buying so many of the new expansions, making the leap to the gamer's pledge might make some sense. Not sure if that would include the campaigns of death though, probably not. You'll also have to add-on the plastic board on top of that.

Of course it includes Campaigns of Death... It's a new expansion, and all new expansions are included.

The plastic board is not included though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
Of course it includes Campaigns of Death... It's a new expansion, and all new expansions are included.

The plastic board is not included though.

Well I stand corrected, then. I did say that I wasn't sure, since it seemed like more of a campaign module than an expansion in and of itself. No need to be dick about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's in your budget, since you're putting so much in it just makes sense to get it all. If the extra money would put strain on you financially, then you have plenty of content to last you pretty much forever as it is anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you've got the money to spare, take the plunge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the ancient gold lantern pledge. In the month it took to get the pledge manager, I had decided I wanted all of the expansions. Switching to the Gamer's Lantern saved me five bucks and gave me a couple extra goodies in the process. The value is there if you intend on getting all of the expansions, otherwise, I think you're better off just picking and choosing the ones you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kerklaan
Netherlands
hilversum
noord holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice I am going to see how to get the last bit of cash to get the gamers pledge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Hellertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
thraxas wrote:
Thanks for the advice I am going to see how to get the last bit of cash to get the gamers pledge

If the sentiment is that you need to see how to get the last bit of cash, I don't know that you need the gamer's pledge. You have years of content without it, it's just nice to have if you did have the cash. If it's not collecting dust in your bank account otherwise, I don't think it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.